Starting Aeldari, an idea.

Daemon2027

Hey everyone,

I’ve decided to finally give in and start an Aeldari army. As always I want to do something a little different and mess around with conversions. There are units I want to include and those I’m less bothered about, Farseers, the different wraith models, and an avatar of Khaine, and ranger are all a must for me. I’ve been reading up on their fluff and what we know in the aftermath of the 13th black crusade and think I’ve come up with a solid idea.

I was thinking about a Farseer leading what’s left from his Craftworld, which will mostly be the wraiths, forced to join with an outcasts fleet to survive. While Biel-Tan fits perfectly I don’t like the white and green so I’ll probably make my own minor Craftworld. With the Farseer surrounding himself with the dead, the small number of the remaining living Eldar either join the outcasts or submit fully to the path of the warrior. Still trusting the ever nihilistic Farseer who believes his race is doomed, and only the only salvation is the spirit stones, the living they hunt for spirtstones, no matter the cost to thier lives.

I’m not sure how much this treads in the background for the Ynnari, but I wanted to do something darker, with none of the hope of anything but death and being trapped in the infinity circuit.

Model wise I’m thinking of using a mix of kits from all 3 (or is it 4 now) Eldar factions to give the ‘living’ faction of the army more of an outcast look. The core of the army will be the wraiths. Not sure how to tie the avatar in, other then the Farseer would have no issue sacrificing someone to summon him.

I’m going to start by converting a Farseer, I want the model to really show the power they command. I’m also thinking of using the Inquisitor Greyfax as a base for the leader of the outcasts (will be an Autarch).

I think it sounds excellent. I like the idea of the nihilistic Farseer surrounded by the dead. Poor fellow’s likely to go mad pretty quickly with soulstones full of the deceased all about him, lamenting how things used to be.

Yeah that’s what I thought. It’s kind of dark when you think about it, your saving their souls from being god food, but trapping them in a living machine, and calling on them to fight when you need them. It’s quite a cool idea, one I’d never seen before, I never realised how deep their fluff was.

• 3 weeks later...