IA: Ultima Founding Emperor's Swords

Sete

Watch this space for a new DiY.

Basic outline:

There are 2 chapters that were named Emperor's Swords. Both were destroyed. So this is the 3rd one. They are aware of the fate of the previous ones, and consider the name a curse.

They are Fatalistic and superstitious.

I took inspiration in the fact that the Emperor's Spears have a trident like the flag of Barbados, and this ones will have a crosd like the flag of Madeira island.

So I'm considering a similar colour scheme to mirror the flags, just with a different symbol applying this logic to the chapter.

They will be Knightly probably, not decided on the gene seed.

Edited by Sete

Since they are not related, I would not consider it. But they would be paranoid to some extent, due to the fate of the previous 2 chapters.

They would have trust issues for sure.

Edited by Sete

It might be an amusing twist to have them largely successful and victorious, but still convinced by their own superstition and resulting paranoia that everything is going to go wrong in the next battle. Chapter Master Marvinius, anyone? :P

More seriously, such paranoia could be working for them because it means they always plan meticulously for the absolute worst, hence they're almost always over prepared!

Edited by Lysimachus

Well considering one chapter was destroyed by Necrons, due to the world being a tomb world, they will have a chapter monastery on the moon, and the other one was destroyed by alpha legion sleeper agents, they will take newborn babies as recruits and raise them to serve the chapter.

The most promising will be selected to join the ranks.

Other will just be chapter serfs until they die.

Edited by Sete

Hi Sete, 

This sort of concept seems to be perfect for the Ultima Founding. The idea of a Chapter paying homage to its earlier compatriots (or being saddled with the 'curse' of a name) is an interesting one. There's a lot at play here - I look forward to seeing how you progress with this concept! 

Well it's a personal taste. For example reivers.

Sneaky/Terror troops. I don't think they will be a fit for a Knightly chapter.

Inceptors it's just really how they look. I loathe them, and if aggressors eventually get a Power Weapon option, then yeah I'll consider them with a few flamers for support.

But I want a CC focus, and right now its only the reivers available.

Veterans and Assault squads in mkX armour is what I need.

Hopefully the range will expand a bit more next year.

Thinking of using Tempestus as serfs in carapace armour like squires/ bait troops aswell.

Edited by Sete