Fire Wasps & Knights

Charlo

So I've 99% decided any Titans I may eventually do will be from the Fire Wasps (be this in Titanicus or wallet-forbid, 30/40k!?)

By coincidence it matches my colour scheme pretty nicely for Ad Mech.

My question is, are there any Knight Houses that have good links to the Legio Ignatum? Would like to do some fluffy allies :)

The obvious candidate would be House Taranis of Mars.

Interesting feature from the old Imperial Knight Companion is that Taranis are actually organised more like a titan legion. It's only briefly mentioned in the new AM codex but they don't have the same mind-altering effects from their knights, so they're less 'feudal' in organisation than other houses. Millennia of close association with the seat of AdMech power and the Collegia Titanica probably had a cultural effect too. A lot of the background seems to have been transcribes to the other 40k wiki here.

It's cool but it does mean that they're maybe less 'knightly' than their peers - less into tournaments, hunting, castles, chivalry, etc - which might not be ideal if you want to establish a strong contrast (culturally or otherwise) between them and your titans. The head of the house is never going to rule of Mars as a king or baron in the same way that the head of House X rules planet Y, for example.

If it's an issue, Ignatum crusade all over the galaxy so you could certainly look at other houses. Maybe houses that were on Armageddeon or fighting at Cadia? Ignatum was at both, fighting alongside Houses Krast and Raven.

Interesting.

Taranis are certainly valid for sure and the large areas of black/ white will add a bit of contrast.

My Ad Mech are Red/ Blue/ Yellow (Same as the wasps...) so that's why I chose them.

I'd envisioned the knights being colour ful too or maybe something totally different but the Red/ White could work nicely. Maybe a couple nods to the Wasps on some plates?

Yep, that'd work. It's common for Knights on extended deployment with other forces to incorporate icons or symbols from their battle brothers into the heraldry of their crotch banners (in addition to kill markers of notable enemies, and battle honours) . For example one might have their house heraldry, an Aquila (or a Cog), and the markings of a Cadian Regiment, a Skitarii Maniple, and yep, a Titan Legio.

More info on heraldry, super interesting if you're a Knights person:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Knight_Heraldry

Magos_Adephus makes a solid point, there's easily space in the heraldry rules for the Ignatum wasp or some of their hazard stripes. Red is definitely the dominant colour though, so they're going to look closely linked to your Admech and titans regardless. Pretty much all mechanicum-aligned knight houses have similar colour scheme... House Raven's actually look nearly identical to the Fire Wasps.

Having said that, Admech-aligned House Krast also looks all red, all the time, but actually used to have a dark blue colour scheme back in the day. If it's something colourful or totally different you're after, maybe you could say that this branch of House Krast keeps an ancient blue to honour a particular oath or whatever. Still aligned to the AdMech, still got the coolest heraldic icon, fought at Cadia (just like Ignatum), have a particular hatred for the betrayal of the Legio Mortis (just like Ignatum, surely), contrasts nicely with the rest of your forces.