+++BCK's Conversion Challenge 2: Walkers and MCs!+++

pnyaqsV.png

Welcome, battle brothers and sisters, to the second BCK's Conversion Challenge: Walkers and Monstrous Creatures!

The purpose of this second challenge is for you to convert what was formerly classified as a Walker or a Monstrous Creature, and this will include Lords of War that fall into those categories, so anything from a Killa Kan to a Warlord Titan is eligible. Other Lords of War, such as tracked vehicles, will be included in another challenge. Here's an example of some previous entries in a similar challenge Grotsmasha did

The Rules:
Rules, which will differ significantly from the first challenge, are as follows:
1) The finished model is not to be painted and the conversion should be bare plastic/resin/metal though the odd painted piece stolen from a previously painted model is OK.
2) WYSIWYG applies here, so all relevant gear needs to be represented on the figure.
3) The entry must still be recognizable for what it is, so no calling a Bio-Titan an Imperial Knight.
4) Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, from small details up to a full sculpt if you think you can pull it off.
5) 1 calendar month build time; November 1st 2017 until December 1st 2017.
6) Multiple entries will be accepted provided you finish your first entry, but you must choose only one for judgment.
7) You must declare participation a minimum of 24 hours prior to declaring completion.

Pledging Your Entry:
Please use this format in your pledge entry:

I, (your name) pledge to convert (character name) for (codex/faction name) in the Character Conversion Challenge and finish on or before October 2nd 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

Progress:
A photo of your model's condition before beginning (parts, figures you're going to chop up, etc) is required when you pledge your entry. When you finish, pictures of the front, back, and both sides are required for judgment. If you wish to post other in-progress shots along the way, I'd love to see 'em.

Swag:
I will choose a Conversion Event winner who will receive a Forge World Death Guard Contemptor and two Volkite arms for mortis choom!

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Posted · Hidden by Brother-Chaplain Kage, October 24, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by Brother-Chaplain Kage, October 24, 2017 - No reason given
How does the percentile rule apply to for example walkers? I have a Knight Acheron on order that I’d love to enter, but can’t quite wrap my head around this aspect of the challenge.
Posted · Hidden by Brother-Chaplain Kage, October 24, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by Brother-Chaplain Kage, October 24, 2017 - No reason given

Any info on the % of conversion needed? I can imagine that building an Imperial Knight with only 25% of the knight itself would be quite challenging :teehee:

The second Conversion Challenge will be for those lovelies that aren't HQ but are still centerpiece models we love to lavish attention on: what used to be classified as Walkers and Monstrous Creatures! Anything from a Killa Kan up to the largest Titans is welcome for this Challenge, beginning November 1 and running until December 1. 

Rules for the Challenge can be found here, and if you have any questions about the event, you can post them in this thread. 

As with the first Challenge, the anonymous benefactor has provided a prize for the winner the form of a FW Death Guard Contemptor with twin Volkite arms for plenty of CHOOM! 

I guess I finished my Thousand Sons Contemptor 3 months to early :D

I'm skipping this one unfortunately.

I, (walterh) pledge to convert (Nightstrider,Sentinel) for (codex,AM) in the BCK, Conversion Challenge2 and finish on or before December 1st. 2017 to be eligible for judgment. Had this conversion in mind for a couple of years,no time like the present. I will have pics up of the parts here on Nov,1st

I, Naryn, pledge to convert Tahu, Knight Acheron, for my Knight household in the BCK Conversion Challenge 2 and finish on or before December 1st. 2017 to be eligible for judgment. Looking forward to getting this guy where he needs to be, first step on the road to my 6 knight army!

I, Lexington, pledge to convert a Hellforged Contemptor for my Word Bearers Chaos Space Marines in BCK's Second Conversion Challenge and finish on or before December 1st, 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

Here is the picture of where the big galoot is at the moment, with all currently-planned component pieces, tho details are subject to change. Not sure which banner's going to go on him, or maybe a different one but he's definitely yearning for bannerdom.

gallery_23421_8142_465520.jpg

Edited by Lexington

I, Plaguecaster pledge a corrupted Deredeo Dreadnought i shall convert for the my Death Guard for The BCK's Second Conversion Challenge and finish on or before December 1st, 2017 to be eligible for judgment

med_gallery_59703_9915_239534.jpg

Already converted the main body ages ago but never got around to finishing it, hopefully this should give me motivation to fully convert a true Death Guard Dreadnought for my force

Edited by Plaguecaster

I, The Traitor, pledge to convert  Armauk the Slave Hunter (count-as Aetaos'Rau'Keres) for Daemons of Malal in the Character Conversion Challenge and finish on or before December 1st 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

This is my before pic :tongue.::

pnoD8lw.jpg

Edited by The Traitor

I, Slave to Darkness, pledge to convert a Slaaneshi Possessed Hellforged Contemptor for the Hellbound (Slaaneshi Renegades) in the BCK Conversion Challenge 2 and finish on or before December 1st. 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

med_gallery_75911_12239_1115949.jpg

Edited by Slave to Darkness

And we're off! Sorry I haven't been on the thread the last several days but work has been crazy this past week. I was wanting to do something for my Vostroyans but $30 a pop for some sentinels stings a bit too much. I might do something from the AdMech to ally in since Vostroya just barely misses the legal requirements to be called a proper Forge World, but their allegiance is to Mars first. 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry I haven't forgotten about this awesome challenge as I'm hard at work going all out with some very interesting conversions, just hope I can get my hands on another hades autocannon from the forgefiend as I've misplaced the other one :(

med_gallery_59703_9915_1327210.jpg

med_gallery_59703_9915_179191.jpg