+++BCK's Conversion Challenge 2: Walkers and MCs!+++

Well then!

I, TURBULENCE, pledge to convert Smol Poxx, Daemon Prince and heretek of Nurgle for the forces of the Death Guard in the BCK Conversion Challenge 2 and finish on or before December 1st 2017 to be eligible for judgment

And here's where he stands, just needing a bit more detail and corrosion before being completed. And now that I think about it, he needs a jazzed up bad as well

2017-05-17_00.08.17.jpg

Edited by TURBULENCE

I've been busy this past week working on a Castellax idea I've had for a while that I originally intended to do with my 30k Dusk Raiders as an allied Mechanicum force. I got some of these dirt cheap from a guy some time back that are recasts in not great shape, at all, because he was getting replacements and his modeling skills weren't up to trying to salvage them.

So, while I like the overall look of the guys, I didn't care for the weird bolted head-thing on them or the bizarre skull cavity in the middle of the chest. And given that most of the raised armor trim was so thin it broke in shipping, I took the opportunity to remove it all and go for a smoother, cleaner look.

f018zeA.png

LdaO7yU.png

Personally, I think they look heavier and more sinister with the smooth dome and the hole in the chest filled in to a natural point.

I had a blast with the last challenge, even though my entry was not an official character. Really got the creative juices flowing. I thought I would be sitting this one out, but after a good eBay score: I, rgr_maddog, pledge to convert a Venerable Dreadnaught with Fenrisian Great Axe and Blizzard Shield for the Space Wolves in the BCK's Conversion Challenge 2, and finish on or before December 1st 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

I'll be using other random bits, but pictured here are the ven dread and space wolves ven dread sprues for the bulk of him:

med_gallery_82073_13679_206409.jpeg

I'm getting a Bjorn, with the lascannon option out of these as well! We'll see if I can get a second pledge in after this!

I don't think I'll be able to make it guys, I'm sorry, my hobby time has been severely reduced because of studies, and most of it has to be spent on commissions, soI realised there isn't much time left now, and I only have a half started torso of my gargantuan vow. I will finish Aetaos one day, but I fear that day won't be in time for the challenge, sorry... Will vow something more humble and achievable for the next one...

Initially, I was planning on going a little further with this guy's detailing, but finally decided that less is really more in this case. So, I present to y'all the finished model of Tanggal, the Murderous Hand of the Sicarii Host:

gallery_23421_8142_466446.png

gallery_23421_8142_709920.png

gallery_23421_8142_209396.png

gallery_23421_8142_48917.png

Edited by Lexington

Done! Cut the leg cables and leg free. Cut the lower leg off. Repositioned the leg parts and added plenty of green stuff to have a more aggressive bent leg pose. Bent a section of wire to fit for the longer cable and put it inside the pink spring to shape it. Chose the biggest greave panel, but shaved off all the trim stuff for a big decal. Drilled out arms for magnets. Tried a couple of things on the torso side, nothing seemed to work right until I drilled through both sides and shoved a steel dowel through the entire thing. Arms stay where positioned! Magnetized at the wrists to so I could run him as Murderfang. More bling added all around, but this is long enough. I'll throw up some Murderfang and other variant pics when I finish magnetizing their side. med_gallery_82073_13679_334196.jpeg

med_gallery_82073_13679_119966.jpeg

med_gallery_82073_13679_201966.jpeg

med_gallery_82073_13679_123845.jpeg

Slacked in this as he was pretty much done already. Just some minor wear and tear and pock marks added to his armour and blade, and some pepper basing done. But I feel like any more and I'll ruin him. Might clean up the damage work before paint, but I'm happy to call this done for the sake of being on time.

P_20171130_233042_1.jpg

P_20171130_233116.jpg

And we're officially closed!

And the winner is... LEXINGTON!

I have frequently said and found in my own conversions that the best ones are often some of the simplest. I mean, look at his guy.

Contemptor - now with arms!

gallery_23421_8142_40911.jpg

The additions are small but convey the Chaotic nature of the dread without going overboard and the posing, which I would bet he spent a fair amount of time on to get it just right, is very expressive and does a great job of getting the feeling across of what a walking death machine this thing is. Great job!

Eesh, you do a short B&C check before bed and look what happens. :)

Thanks much, definitely an honor! Big applause for everyone who posted entries - there was some very solid competition, here.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for the next one!