After Death Guard... What's Next?

Urriak Urruk

Wait, is there Primaris stuff in the codex that doesn't have a model yet?

Nope, all the above is speculation based on people assuming each current "normal marine" archetype will be replaced by a Primaris equivalent.

Right now the armies in need of new models and kit varieties the most are Sisters of Battle and Primaris.

SoB maybe. Primaris not really. That is supposed to be the great flaw in codex marines and even more so with the Primaris, that they are to strict and specialized.

Also I can think of more armies that the community would like to see updated than more codex marines. I would like to see updated Orks and IG variants.

Way I see it, GW are releasing new Codex books separate to new armies/models.

Space Marines and Death Guard is all about Primaris and Death Guard. Those are the ACTUAL new releases.

Then GW is releasing the legacy Codex books until they're ready for another new release.

So since Space Marines and their Primaris releases and Death Guard releases, we've actually got no new models despite Chaos Marines, Astra Millitarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Grey Knights and soon to be Eldar and Tyranids.

You can bet your bolter shells that as soon as the Death Guard are done the next Codex will be Codex new army like World Eaters.

To be honest, it feels a little disappointing that most races are just Legacy releases.

Though a Codex World Eaters may just see me buying a new army...

4. Slaanesh Eldar

There was that interesting image in the Xenos Index that had a missing "branch" of Aeldari that seemed to represent Eldar in thrall of Slaanesh.

I'm pretty sure that image was a timeline of the branching of the Eldar and that symbol represented the fall rather than Chaos worshiping Eldar.

I don't think we'll see new Eldar models for a while, and eventually they'll be new death eldar Ynnari forces. And we'll never ever get those plastic aspect warriors.

4. Slaanesh Eldar

There was that interesting image in the Xenos Index that had a missing "branch" of Aeldari that seemed to represent Eldar in thrall of Slaanesh.

I'm pretty sure that image was a timeline of the branching of the Eldar and that symbol represented the fall rather than Chaos worshiping Eldar.

I don't think we'll see new Eldar models for a while, and eventually they'll be new death eldar Ynnari forces. And we'll never ever get those plastic aspect warriors.

It’s a shame really. I think that Eldar releases are something the community is really eager for. Everyone wants plastic Aspect Warriors and Phoenix Lords - too much finecast is the only thing stopping me from collecting an Eldar army.

4. Slaanesh Eldar

I'd have to see the image again, and you very well could be right, but I remember looking at it and thinking each bubble represented a unique event and unique branch of Aeldari.

Just as long as they get round to redoing the chaos marine and zerker sprues soon -shudder- thats all i care about. Until then I'll take my monies elsewhere. :D

BCC

I don’t think they will re-do the Berzerkers until they do World Eaters (which seems to be inevitable). GW has done a Traitor Legion a year so maybe 2018? Probably late 2018 if anything.

Fingers crossed for new Chaos Marines too but they seem to be the new plastic Thunderhawk.

My bet is that we see a new deathwatch book with primaris releases next. Its a new fraction that is in bad shape, and GW should feel some urgency to fix them.   

After that new Ynnarri, they're similar to primaris in that all elder fractions can benefit from them, and it gives them a chance to move the story forward. 

I want SOB if I'm being honest but, I don't think GW is close to ready with them. I think they were looked at as a legacy fraction for a long time, and now they realize that there is a market for them but that it has be done right. Not just the bare minimum to make it work, and with a range that is inclusive.

Edited by Black_Star

I realized today that some of the rumour engines could be referring to Adeptus Mechanicus, which hasn’t been talked about for some time.

c9e692fa3743d35985cda98ce967ac5433c0c3a9

Which ones you thinking? Nothing really says Ad Mech to me. Although I would definitely like to see them get a range boost.

Edited by Corswain

I realized today that some of the rumour engines could be referring to Adeptus Mechanicus, which hasn’t been talked about for some time.

Which ones you thinking? Nothing really says Ad Mech to me. Although I would definitely like to see them get a range boost.

Lol I accidentally wrote "Mechanicus" instead of "Titanicus" which was supposed to be released sometime this year.

And I think 7, 8, 14, 15, 16 all could potentially herald its coming. Still speculation though.

Edited by Urriak Urruk

Looks like I'm the only one that wants to see a Thousand Sons codex in the next 12 months. :ermm: Sure, they got new models at the beginning of 2017, but playing with the Index is tough. I doubt new models will accompany a codex, but it'd be nice to have some range like Death Guard.

I also want to see some xenos codexes in 2017, but Eldar and Tyrannids look to be coming soon with or without new models.

The Thousand Sons codex will be out very soon, it just won't have new models.

I expect codexes for Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Space Wolves to come out with no more model support than a Primaris upgrades pack such as the Ultramarines already have, and maybe a character or two like a Wolf Priest since it's harder to make one from the Chaplain.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say Yinnari - they're the only other "new" faction to be introduced with the Gathering Storm/8th Ed, and since 100+ years have passed in the background, it's pretty reasonable to assume they've grown in power and have consolidated themselves into a coherent, separate Eldar society with its own defined military, rather than just having a bunch of Craftworld and DE hangers-on.

They have become quite the running joke....but dont worry....we have Primariz Spez Mahreens.....because nothing sells better than BIGGER spez mahreens -grumble grumble-

BCC

well easily fixed. Make eldar space marines. The new eldar size is the Visarch, and bam, instant eldar primaris. Call them something cool like Everbone Deathchosen of Death/Y-mama, and eldar would be fixed for 8th ed.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say Yinnari - they're the only other "new" faction to be introduced with the Gathering Storm/8th Ed, and since 100+ years have passed in the background, it's pretty reasonable to assume they've grown in power and have consolidated themselves into a coherent, separate Eldar society with its own defined military, rather than just having a bunch of Craftworld and DE hangers-on.

Apparently the "new" re-packaged 8th Edition EEldar Triumvirate box will have rules included to play a Ynnari force - and it sounds like they won't be in the Craftworlds Codex

Craftworlds, like most of what we know as 40K, are a "legacy" army now - I don't expect any more support for them in the foreseeable future. Look to AoS if you want to see what 40K's release schedule and support system will look like from now on.

Craftworlds, like most of what we know as 40K, are a "legacy" army now - I don't expect any more support for them in the foreseeable future. Look to AoS if you want to see what 40K's release schedule and support system will look like from now on.

Those models were good enough for players in 1993, and they're good enough for players now! *shakes cane*