Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris super heavy grav tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
297 replies to this topic

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,320 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

Yeah We are all Eldar NOW !!!! grav pounding for everyonebiggrin.png . Wonder what it would look like Nurgled upwhistlingW.gif  . Hmmm

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 540 posts

You've heard of Land Speeders, right?

Eldar do not have, and have never had, a monopoly on anti-grav. 

You know what's scarrier? Opinions. Especially if they aren't yours tongue.png

Ehh, there's more to it than that. GW and FW have plenty of bad designs, but nothing inspires the level of hatred and venom that Primaris stuff does. For some people it clearly runs a lot deeper than simply not liking the aesthetic.

Edited by Shinespider, 14 October 2017 - 03:53 PM.

• Blindhamster, Irbis, D3L and 1 other like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,642 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons

It IS new, that's the thing.
It represents technological progress unlike anything since the days of the Hereay.

Forget the old designs or trends.

You first paragraph, that's the death of 40k and the start of 41k. For me that was what DL3 was implying.

And I liked the repulsor, and it's new. I don't like this one and it's new aswell.
You asked me if I liked the predator look over this. Yes I do.
Do I like it over the repulsor? No.

Edited by Sete, 14 October 2017 - 03:51 PM.

• Damo1701 and D3L like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,731 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines
40K isn't a setting anymore, it's a story. I expect developments and progression with the new model releases.

Yes, technically it's 41K now.

Without this progression it was getting harder and harder to introduce new models to the Marine line. I welcome the new designs and hope for plenty more in the future!
  • Zamtro likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,642 posts
I welcome that aswell. But I prefer a traditional approach to it.
Intercessors are new, awesome and familiar enough. Repulsor, is still recognizable as a SM transport and it looks cool. The big dread is great.

But then agressors and reivers and the other flying potatoes not so much. For me it's an approach to SM that I don't like. It's personal taste.

Now they just need to introduce Primaris with cc weapons with normal MKX armour.

I would love to have that option.
  • Robbienw likes this

Frater Cornelius

Frater Cornelius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,906 posts

[...]

Ehh, there's more to it than that. GW and FW have plenty of bad designs, but nothing inspires the level of hatred and venom that Primaris stuff does. For some people it clearly runs a lot deeper than simply not liking the aesthetic.

You know why? People have, by nature, an aversion to risk. People fear losing something far more than not gaining something. For many people, Primaris are an attack and thus a threat to Space Marines and 40k in general. The fear of losing the setting they hold dear takes over.

Verily, earthly attachments cause more harm than good and leads to pointless debates and quarrels. It causes people to explaim their disapproval about something they dislike and derate people that do enjoy it instead of feeling joy that another person is happy with the very same thing. Why? Because we tend to put our own desires first and we fear losing something so much, that we lose track of the bigger picture and the love for others. And that is wrong.

Be excellent to one another, and lean on your brothers and sisters when your patience grows slim

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,642 posts
This is going into some deep :cuss now.

I don't like the way it looks. That's it. :D
  • Frater Cornelius, Robbienw, m0nolith and 2 others like this

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
  • Chapter Name: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

What a monster... Sometimes. Just sometimes mind you, I wish they would have a drink limit when the GW and FW folk are having SM vehicle design meetings at Bugman's.

I get it that 40K is a kick butt, in your face sci fi miniature game on steroids.... still.... Don't drink and designfacepalm.png 

On the side... I like the repulsor (it has transport capability)yes.gif 

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,565 posts
Anyone have an idea about the pricing?

banana

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,711 posts

A fellblade's £175, a Mastodon £300... so somewhere between those but closer to the latter?

(I'm operating under the impression that the Mastodon is still the bigger vehicle)

• Brother Lunkhead and Frater Cornelius like this

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,565 posts
300£? Christ

banana

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,320 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

This is going into some deep censored.gif now.

I don't like the way it looks. That's it. biggrin.png

Yup same here yes.gif . Also did not believe we had so many shrinks here.biggrin.png

• Brother Lunkhead, Robbienw and D3L like this

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,036 posts

Like all new models, a year from now everyone will love this :-D

I really won't! :P

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,789 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Tears

Aye, I can't think of any I've u-turned on. If I don't like design elements, like the grav plates, they don't suddenly start appealing to me.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4
My non-40k stuff (mainly Malifaux and Fantasy solo figures):
http://www.dakkadakk...ist/610818.page

gideon stargreave

gideon stargreave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts

To address a couple more points.

1. It's cobblers that primaris are to appeal to NEWBROS, when us grownups have been lamenting the :cuss proportions of marines for years,. GW delivers on art scale and all of a sudden they one's with better proportions are somehow childish.

2. That tank is an abomination

• Noserenda likes this

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,221 posts
  • Chapter Name: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

To address a couple more points.

1. It's cobblers that primaris are to appeal to NEWBROS, when us grownups have been lamenting the censored.gif proportions of marines for years,. GW delivers on art scale and all of a sudden they one's with better proportions are somehow childish.

2. That tank is an abomination

1: The poor lore attached to Primaris is a key aspect that creates that netagive perspective, even though I dont fully share that viewpoint.

2: Agree, the tank looks un-good.

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png  sml_gallery_86352_12089_1713.jpg gallery_86352_11358_29365.png

Instagram : m0nolith_

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,093 posts
  • Chapter Name: Knights / VI / VII / I

Two things to contend with - thematically, humanity should be differentiated from other races in design by using straight-forward tracks. Part of what makes 40k unique is this juxtaposition of lasers cannons, roaring tracks and servo skulls. I want to see Land Raiders roaring forward through the churned battlefield, tracks spinning and throwing rooster tails of dirt behind as they smash through earth berms in explosions of earth.

Second, the Adeptus Astartes are distinguished from the wider Imperium by not having such ponderous or conspicuous ground vehicles. It just seems a further dilution of faction identity with the clear aim of making money when there a much better options to both sell models, be true to previous lore and give factions some separate doctrinal identity. It's a lazy unit concept.

I mean , The Repulsor  talks about  its anti grav effective being the plates PUNCHING the ground into submission in order to stay afloat   its still grinding , just grinding of a different kind 

• Noserenda likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,711 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chaos and Wolves

Like all new models, a year from now everyone will love this :-D

Nope. I still think Guilliman looks like a He-Man toy. Sure that might be the Word Bearer in me talking some of you may think, so I might as well add that I still hate the Tau and they are how old? 17 years or something like that?

Anyway as for this floaty tank thing... Not a fan, would look good in Legio Genericus colours though.
If people love it, great, I'm happy for you all (really I am) if we all liked the same stuff the hobby would be very boring.
  • Blindhamster, Interrogator Stobz, Frater Cornelius and 2 others like this

Explorer in the further regions of experience; Demon to some, Angel to others.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_00.jpg

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 226 posts
Yeah just going to chime in here and say if you like it, I'm happy for you.

But I hate the design. It's very disjointed and unnatural looking. Like it's over complexity would make it have a ton of structural weaknesses and bullet traps.

And yeah 40k is science-fantasy so suspend your disbelief and all that, but I also just prefer the imperial aesthetic of world wars IN SPAAAACE! And this misses the mark for me. So not getting added to my fW wishlist.

Kinda excited to see someone else get it and field it, just to see how it plays
  • Frater Cornelius, Lord Marshal and HCMistborn like this

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,501 posts
  • Chapter Name: Carcharodon Astra

But I hate the design. It's very disjointed and unnatural looking. Like it's over complexity would make it have a ton of structural weaknesses and bullet traps.

For some reason GW has thrown a ton of extra complex details and weapons on the Primaris vehicles, despite Primaris themselves being fairly simple with only a few extra plates on top of their larger power armor.

But this design is a legitimate sci-fi design to me, because it looks exactly like a lot of space ships and tanks you see in Gundam, Macross, Halo, Metal Gear Solid, etc. I never see anyone making the same complaints about those designs, for some reason. The dual nose structures is literally taken straight from Custodes/Sicaran/Caestus aesthetics and looks like it could be a transforming robot's feet.

The ugliest parts are those centipede Primaris anti-grav plates. I hate the Redemptor and I dislike the plates on this model. It would have looked a lot cooler with treads, I think.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,511 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades
Can I just to take a moment to thank TURBULENCE and Slave to Darkness for not insulting people because they happen to like different types of toy soldiers. People on BOTH sides of this argument should take note. Let's be civil here brothers.
  • Blindhamster, Noserenda, Plaguecaster and 5 others like this

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gif

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,711 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chaos and Wolves

Can I just to take a moment to thank TURBULENCE and Slave to Darkness for not insulting people because they happen to like different types of toy soldiers. People on BOTH sides of this argument should take note. Let's be civil here brothers.

You like Nids, shooooo be gone with you stinky McStinkyface. :)

TBH though I think people arguing over toy soldiers is a bit retarded when the rest of the 'normal people' look at us like we are weird. Its us against them y'all. 

• Juggernut and Plaguecaster like this

Explorer in the further regions of experience; Demon to some, Angel to others.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_00.jpg

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,624 posts
  • Chapter Name: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

=][=

Its at this point, with no new information about this tank coming to light that we're taking a break here. Should new info surface, feel free to contact a moderator by PM to reopen this thread.

Additionally, for the record and per the board rules, one is free to be negative or positive with their views regarding a subject and are free to post those opinions with the caveat that they be constructive in nature and add to the discussion versus either adding nothing or detracting from the topic.

Feel free to reaquaint yourselves with said rules here if you're spotty on them or havent done so yet: http://www.bolterand...ter-chainsword/

gallery_26_548_17394.gif

• Interrogator Stobz, Brother Lunkhead, Plaguecaster and 3 others like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users