Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris super heavy grav tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
413 replies to this topic

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,593 posts
  • Faction: Carcharodon Astra

Anyone have a clue as to why the Red Scorpion Reivers are black? If it's becoming acceptable practice for chapters to paint their stealthy Reivers black, I'm going to do it because I think Reivers look best in black.

• Avicenna likes this

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,492 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Dunno...I don't like Reivers in black too much just because they look like a bunch of wannabe Chaplains in black with their skull masks lol

• SickSix likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,864 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
They remind me of Ghost from Call of Duty lol
  • Black Orange likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Avicenna

Avicenna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

Anyone have a clue as to why the Red Scorpion Reivers are black? If it's becoming acceptable practice for chapters to paint their stealthy Reivers black, I'm going to do it because I think Reivers look best in black.

I'll be painting mine black thats for sure

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,104 posts

Well 1/3 are true. Where is that image from?

Why, the Forge World site ;)

Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Spoiler

lajetee.jpg

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,703 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Remember, this is a thread about the tank, not reivers. 

• Black Orange and Noserenda like this

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 265 posts

Well my Astraeus has literally just arrived.

Love the model or hate it I have to say the kit is outstanding. At first glance it's one of the cleanest ever casts I've seen from FW, even the accelerator cannons are straight!! :)

Very little in the way of mold slippage/lines.

However it is in considerably more pieces than I was expecting - 54 not including the flying stand. So it's not the big hulk of resin I was thinking it would be.

My biggest fear was the flying stand being a bit flimsy or unable to take the weight - no danger there - it's a big old chunk of clear resin, lol.

So I'm very happy with the quality - I will let you know how the build goes though, I see a lot of pinning, drilling, sawing and sanding in my future. :)

• Black Orange, Kisada, Vel'Cona and 3 others like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,140 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Love the model or hate it I have to say the kit is outstanding. At first glance it's one of the cleanest ever casts I've seen from FW, even the accelerator cannons are straight!! smile.png

However it is in considerably more pieces than I was expecting - 54 not including the flying stand. So it's not the big hulk of resin I was thinking it would be.

My biggest fear was the flying stand being a bit flimsy or unable to take the weight - no danger there - it's a big old chunk of clear resin, lol.

So I'm very happy with the quality - I will let you know how the build goes though, I see a lot of pinning, drilling, sawing and sanding in my future. smile.png

build log... build log... build log...

• Knight of Lupus, StraightSilver and Nusquam like this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 265 posts

Love the model or hate it I have to say the kit is outstanding. At first glance it's one of the cleanest ever casts I've seen from FW, even the accelerator cannons are straight!! smile.png

So I'm very happy with the quality - I will let you know how the build goes though, I see a lot of pinning, drilling, sawing and sanding in my future. smile.png

build log... build log... build log...

I am the slowest builder and painter in the history of the universe but this kit has me quite excited so work permitting might start it this weekend - will certainly post some pics later of the "bits". The box is also satisfyingly heavy. :)

• Vel'Cona, Ishagu and Nusquam like this

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,848 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

Heck all you have to do throw a bucket of paint on it and paint the barrels .biggrin.png

• StraightSilver likes this

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,492 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Heck all you have to do throw a bucket of paint on it and paint the barrels .biggrin.png

Then put it on ebay and call it propainted? :D

• Knight of Lupus, StraightSilver, Arkhanist and 1 other like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Hopper21

Hopper21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts
Popped into WHW today. I must say this model is lovely in the flesh. It's a heavy piece of crack!
  • StraightSilver likes this

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,799 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Not me, but found a video of someone doing an unboxing. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/UdETOayUKYU

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,911 posts
  • Faction: Cadian 317th

=][= Released and locked.  I for one very much look forward to seeing some WIPs on this model in the future!  =][=

Losing 'hope' after 10k years just because of a big warp storm? Doesn't sound like my Blood Angels.

Never had hope to begin with; they had duty, and that was enough.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users