Templars and psykers

Rogue Crusader

I know in previous editions we've had a codex based rule about not  able to mix psykers in Templar forces and had assumed that this was still in place, however reading the 8th ed codex I'm not seeing any such restriction listed in the book. I may be completely blind and missing it or looking in the wrong location, can anyone point me to what page the rule is listed on or are we free to run librarians in the new ed? 

I know that it'd probably feel really unfluffy compared to older style play but I'm trying to work out what our viable options are mechanically independent of fluff. 

So you can't run librarians in a Templar detachment - nor should you be able to.

What I do for psyker defence is an 'Imperium detachment' with 2 Inquisitors and 3 assassins.

Edit: and as described above. Pg 131 of the codex :)

Edited by JAG Templar

Like most of the new fluff I will just ignore it. This little change pisses me off. With every single other chapter you can have filthy witches so why couldn't they just leave it that way. Was there a big cry out for Templars to take them. I didn't want them and won't be using them either. BT burn witches not buddy up with them

BT burn witches not buddy up with them

THIS!

THERE ARE LEGIONS OF REVISIONISTS WHO TOIL ENDLESSLY TO REWRITE HISTORY. WE MUST BE EVER VIGILANT.

SEARCH THE OLDEST RECORDS OF YOUR CRUSADES. SPEAK WITH YOUR CHAPLAINS IF YOU HAVE DOUBT.

WE NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL ACCEPT THE WITCH.

LEAN ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING, YOUR OWN MEMORIES. LET NOT THE SUBTLE WHISPERS OF CHAOS INTRODUCE CONFUSION.

BE STRONG. BE RESOLUTE. IGNORE THE TAINT THAT SEEKS TO SWAY YOU FROM THE EMPEROR'S DECREE.

NO WITCHES. EVER.

Edited by Honda

I've been toying with the idea of bringing Greyfax given that she can ride in the LRC with my crew and use her psychic power which turns off overwatch for the affected unit both of those synergize well with my play style and her ability to block other psykers is much appreciated given our lack of deny the witch. I wish they would have given all of our HQ choices or even just chaplains like 1 deny the witch attempt per turn or something.

For being a chapter who hates psykers so much you'd think we'd be able to better fortify our minds to their trickery. I know we have the stratagem but with the power of new psychic stuff in codex's and the number of psykers people are bringing it becomes very hard to counter with a pure list. 

In terms of using psychic shenanigans to our own benefit, I've been looking at some of the guard's abilities (take cover, in particular) as being potentially very useful, Primaris Psykers are fairly cheap IIRC and filling out the rest of the detachment with conscripts or even assassins would not be difficult for me. It just feels... so heretical. At least with Greyfax I can say she's an Inquisitor and she hates psykers herself and her look reminds me of Bloodborn.

Edited by Brother_Gneecapper