Lost Legion Idea, need to know if its feasible.

Ok, so I am still working on a Space Wolves army as of right now, however I had an idea for a lost legion and thought I would share it. Test if people find it as interesting/ feasible lore wise as I do.

2nd Legion: The Commandments

"The first time the Emperor gazed upon the 2nd Primarch, Randahl Everul, he saw him through the memories of his adoptive brother Sosem Everul. Sosem's slight psychic potential allowed the Emperor to enter his mind undetected and sift through his memories. What he found was his son, Randahl, was the tyrant of his now home planet Uriel. Not any different from those he conquered in the Unification Wars. He spoke to Sosem telepathically, and revealed to him a great secret. Sosem's father was a slave, of a lower caste that is branded with a personal symbol to denote them as impure of blood. His mother abandoned him with his father, using him for simple pleasure, him being an unfortunate side effect. The few memories the Emperor gleaned of his father showed he was a man worthy of respect and honor, and did not deserve the fate that befell him. Sosem was adopted by the High Kings wife upon finding him unbranded in his fathers starving, dying arms. Despite the slaves being genetically pure on average, and looking no different than you or I, they still were tormented by the "superior" nobles, augmented beyond recognition in most cases. Bah. It mattered not what they did to a slave, murder, beat, nothing was worth punishing if the victim was a slave." He pauses as he sips from a glass, "The Emperor gave Sosem a commandment telepathically to tell Randahl, demanding the freedom of the slaves. He was testing his son, to see his response. Randahl scoffed at the notion of the order, seeing the people as less than chattel. So the Emperor gifted Sosem power, and he wielded it to bring a plague upon the land, that left the slaves untouched. Nobles coughed blood as their bodies futilely fought the rage of Sosem. Randahl agreed to free the slaves, yet when the damage was undone, he went back upon his word. He did this eight times in total, before Sosem with the Emperors guidance smote the entire nobility of thirty cities. Randahl relented finally, giving Sosem a ship, not wanting his kind on Uriel anymore. Sosem led what was left of his people aboard, taking all who had the courage to go. We were waiting just on the far side of the nearest planet for them, ready for the escapees of Uriel." Malcador places his cup next to him, and frowns in disgust. "Randahl followed with a ship of solders as they left the planet. Among his entourage he had a psychic blank, a pariah. The Emperors power could not reach Sosem within its field, and we rushed to rescue what humanity was worth saving upon Uriel. When we arrived there were mountains of civilian casualties, and as the 2nd Legion avenged them, the Emperor and his Custodes rushed to put an end to the Tyrant of Uriel. What they found amongst the fighting was Sosem sobbing, cradling the head of his dead brother. He felled his brother in combat, without psychic power, with a sword thrust through his neck. He avenged and freed his people, at the cost of his beloved brother. A mortal slayed a Primarch, and the Emperor found it fitting to give that title to him. Using Randahls corpse as material, he gave his power to the one he found far more deserving." Malcador drank the last of the wine from his cup. "And that is the beginning of Sosem, Primarch of the 2nd Legion."       

I'd also suggest coming up with a better name than "Moses" spelled backwards for your Biblical-plagues story. :smile.:

Yeah... I like the name though so I will use it elsewhere.

I'd also suggest coming up with a better name than "Moses" spelled backwards for your Biblical-plagues story. :smile.:

An interesting idea, but one that outright contradicts Games Workshop's canon. You best set it in an alternate universe, or save this idea for an original story in an original setting.

More like Moses spelled sideways:wink: I rather like the name too.

Very interesting idea, especially a mortal killing a primarch. A neat but perilous trick. I'd be interested to see how you would pull that off.

As far as contradicting canon... I don't see how as nothing of substance has been written in official canon about the 2nd or 11th Legions. From interviews with GW lore masters I understand this was done partially to give fans room to play with them. So I say pursue this line as you wish.

An interesting idea, but one that outright contradicts Games Workshop's canon. You best set it in an alternate universe, or save this idea for an original story in an original setting.

More like Moses spelled sideways:wink: I rather like the name too.

Very interesting idea, especially a mortal killing a primarch. A neat but perilous trick. I'd be interested to see how you would pull that off.

As far as contradicting canon... I don't see how as nothing of substance has been written in official canon about the 2nd or 11th Legions. From interviews with GW lore masters I understand this was done partially to give fans room to play with them. So I say pursue this line as you wish.

Thanks for giving me the green light. I will keep tinkering with it to fine tune it.