Possible Fires of Cyraxus Leak?

I'm sure some of you have seen this already, but if you haven't then take a look.

https://m.imgur.com/a/4JVF4

General consensus is that the photo is from November's White Dwarf, and it's a Super-Heavy Tank/transport from Forgeworld for exclusive use by Primaris. While hardcore Astartes players are raving to see if any more info have been leaked, I ask we few in binaric harmony look at two small details.

1. The tank is painted in the Red Scorpians Chapter scheme, which for those who don't know is the long time pet of Forgeworld, having appeared in most Imperial Armor books, such as Siege of Vrak, Anphelion Project, and the Badab War. They have been confirmed to appear in Fires of Cyraxus.

2. At the top, most of the text wasn't caught in the photo, but one line obviously says "and a new book". The only conclusion is this "new book" is FoC. I'm guessing an early-mid December release, with the announcement being in the Dec White Dwarf and pre-orders beginning first week of Dec. Sadly, I don't think it will be announced next month, because of how it was called "a new book" instead of "the", meaning it wasn't mentioned anywhere else for the writer to reference it.

Anyway, just wanted to get the info out there, get ya superglue ready and save your money, it's gonna be a resin-filled Christmas.

Edited by Magos_Adephus

Just to try and manage expectations, what do you think the odds are that it is instead a new supplement like Apocalypse instead? I would really like it to be Fires of Cyraxus, but it's been delayed enough times that I'm wary of hoping for reinforcements for the Omnissiah's chosen in a timely fashion. The Apoc supplements were the rare occasions when FW models were recognized by GW studio.

I would personally say with superheavy tanks in the IG codex and Knights as their own faction that there would not be many additions to an Apoc re-release, but just playing Heretek's advocate here...

It might be Cryaxus because of Red Scorpions but it could be just Phil Stutcinskas own model as he has a large Red Scorpion army and lots of the FW RS pictures are his models. Warhammer community have now shown a video of the model but it's in Ultramarine colours so take what you will from that too. A lot more everyday paintjob on the UM one FWIW Edited by PJ1933

Well all wish for FoC.but i dont agree with "the only conclusion" is FoC.. I dont see how the sentence: and a new book for..ends with fires of cyraxis.

They also said that they will release free rules for this monster..which would be silly if the book for it came out at the same time. 

Fires of Cyraxus is an upcoming book from Forgeworld, Games Workshop's high detail/specialized miniatures department. Their main niche is the Horus Heresy line, basically 40k set during, you guessed it, the Horus Heresy era, with tons of lore related and exclusive units, weapons, etc that just has been forgotten or broken down in 40k times. Occasionally they do release books for some of their HH models to be used in proper 40k games, this is called the Imperial Armor series. Sometimes it's just like a Codex, others it's a narrative, like Siege of Vraks, or Fires of Cyraxus.

The reason us AdMech people are so eager for it is because it's supposed to bring the entirety of HH AdMech into the modern millennium, which means tons of robots, a couple super heavies, infantry, HQs, transports, it'll basically double, even triple the range of minis that we can include in armies and play with.

Also the HH AdMech stuff just looks awesome.

I don't think it will bring the entirety of HH to 40k.

Only things confirmed are:

Ordinatus

Thanatar

Secutarii

...I think Castellax and Triaros.

At least, based on artwork we've seen.

In the artwork there where also Triaros, vorax and Castellax. And we know myrmidons are still around in 40k as well as thallax. 

Edit: the HH magos is also in the art, so i am starting to think almost all the HH mechanicum will be in FoC.. All but Draykavac which already has 40k rules..well kinda anyway. 

Edited by banis