Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Final Sanction - OOC thread

Deathwatch roleplaying game Dosjetka

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

reckoning

reckoning

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,278 posts
Im going to have to politely bow out of this. Work is becoming increasingly busy and I barely have time to post in Mols thread.

Good luck doing the Emperor's work, brothers.
To Recover The Past Banner

karden00, on 28 Apr 2014 - 21:55, said:
Eh... dark angels couldn't hold the line. Surprise surprise....

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 871 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio

Im going to have to politely bow out of this. Work is becoming increasingly busy and I barely have time to post in Mols thread.

Safe journeys then, brother. But the Emperor's work is never done, so looking forward to your return!

And if that is what the Emperor's Work requires, I could roll up an Apothecary. Any suggestions ?
<p>Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpg;<p>Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,199 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Guard

For the moment, please do not roll any stats or go beyond discussion. Still trying to get my head around the various bits and pieces I'm not familiar with.

gallery_45765_12908_58195.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gif

"There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. He is doubt, and fear, and despair.

Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion he is." - attributed to Rogal Dorn

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Liber Astartes

Dosjetka vs Hobby Butterfly Syndrome - Current project: Crimson Guard (17th October)

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 449 posts

Safe journeys then, brother. But the Emperor's work is never done, so looking forward to your return!

And if that is what the Emperor's Work requires, I could roll up an Apothecary. Any suggestions ?

All official chapters are fairly strong with it, Blood Angels can get an advanced rank one template by being a sanguinary priest (page 43, First Founding book), but when in doubt, the book "Rights of Battle" let you build your own chapter. Red Scorpions on the other hand have a character past that has your marine being one back in his home chapter....

For the specialty that you've got to pick at character creation for the Apothecary, they are all really strong, so you don't have to put a lot of forethought into where you want to go long term, though I will say this, Guardian of Purity combined with the chapter trapping from the Red Scoripion's chapter can be amusing... As going by what is written, so long as you can pass a challenging will power test when you gain corruption points you could reduce it by up to 3 points... As Guardian of Purity reduces by 2 to a minimum of 1, and the chapter trapping says it reduces corruption points gained by one (note, it does not say to a minimum of 1 by the way) with a will power test...

Edited by Steel Company, Yesterday, 10:03 PM.

To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

A.T.

A.T.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts
And lastly, tactical marines are a bit of a joke at the start of an adventure, but with the right choices can be a very useful jack-of-all-trades.

Commander with tactical expertise or a sniper kill marine are their two strongest traits IMO. I quite like Dark Angels for both - sustained suppression as commander or excessively large accurate weapons (weapon charm) as kill marine.

And they get to rock into battle with a combat shield at rank 1, not bad at all.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 449 posts

And lastly, tactical marines are a bit of a joke at the start of an adventure, but with the right choices can be a very useful jack-of-all-trades.

Commander with tactical expertise or a sniper kill marine are their two strongest traits IMO. I quite like Dark Angels for both - sustained suppression as commander or excessively large accurate weapons (weapon charm) as kill marine.
And they get to rock into battle with a combat shield at rank 1, not bad at all.

To be fair, I'm pulling a background deed from Rights of Battle for the Should, it also cost me nearly half my starting so to get it. What I meant about being a bit of a joke is that unlike an Apothecary or Devy the Tactical takes more early planning to make strong through game mechanics.
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathwatch roleplaying game, Dosjetka

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Commissar Molotov