Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super heavy transports and overwatch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

micahwc

micahwc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 949 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
Can troops embarked in super heavy transports which are able to fire in the shooting phase also able to fire overwatch? I'd assume yes but don't actually know.

If so I kind of want to take a stormlord filled with hotshot volley gun scions for giggles.

Edited by micahwc, 12 October 2017 - 08:39 AM.

The Codex Astartes no doubt has guidance that covers that kind of situation - long, detailed advice that would essentially boil down to "shoot the choppy ones, chop the shooty ones".

Feral_80

Feral_80

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

Literally no, as the Extended firing deck rule says 'shooting phase', and that excludes overwatch.

So, unless this has been/will be FAQ'd, it's a no. I don't see why it should be otherwise, in any case. The superheavy's own overwatch is already crazy good.

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 226 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emperor's 2nd cousins

As well, unless there is a special rule such as the Tau have, only the unit being charged gets to overwatch.  As the embarked unit isn't being charged (the transport is), no overwatch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users