Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1000 points friendly (ish) list

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Halfpint100

Halfpint100

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 413 posts
  • Chapter Name: 32nd Firedrakes

1000 points for some friendly games. I want to try and get a brigade with 3 hellhounds in 1k points, and I did it! 

Brigade:

Company commander (boltgun) 31 (Warlord Grand strategist + Kurov's Aquila relic)

company commander 30

primaris psyker 40

10 guard (plasma gun)

10 guard (plasma gun)

10 guard

10 gaurd

20 conscripts

5 scions (metlagun and plasma pistol)

commy (bolt pistol) 31

commy (plasma pistol) 35

astropath 15

hellhound (heavy flamer) 110

Basilisk (heavy bolter) 108

cyclops demo vehicle 40

cyclops demo vehicle 40

Comes to 999 points with 12cp at 1k points. Will probably join the 2 x10 man basic guard squads and run the 20 conscripts and 20 guardsmen with a company commander (potentially given the laurals of command for double orders, FRFSRF re-rolling all hits anyone?) and commy for objectives (with the primaris psyker) the other 2 guard squads with plasma will roam with the astropath and other company commander. 

hellhounds are there to burn! Cylcops to be area denial/ explosions and Bassy to have fun!

I will be using the cadian regiment, since thats what my models are. Even if catachan would benefit the hellhounds and cyclops more

Edited by Halfpint100, 14 October 2017 - 02:23 PM.

• duz_ and BurntheHeretic like this

BurntheHeretic

BurntheHeretic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts
  • Chapter Name: Astra Militarum

Looks good! That´s a good amount of bodies, and what is not to love about Hellhounds!?

A very tiny suggestion: Hellhounds can take stormbolters now, which synergize well with their role. If you drop one plasma pistol you could equip all Hellhounds with stormbolters and end up with 1000 points exactly. 

That´s some extra range for your Hellhounds. And at 12 range, That´s 1 plasma shot traded for 12 bolter shots. 

What doctine will you be using? 

Edited by BurntheHeretic, 12 October 2017 - 06:32 PM.

• Halfpint100 likes this

Halfpint100

Halfpint100

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 413 posts

Cadian probably since thats what the models are (old 90s metals in the majority).

I like the stormbolter idea! The hellhounds don't have storm bolters on them though. Plus If i remove either of the 2 plasma pistols I have, I will have to replace with a bolt pistol. so wont be able to afford them on all. Think I will keep the plasma pistol, since thats how the models are armed. Think I will have to hunt for some storm bolter parts in the bits box and add them on anyway for future games.

BurntheHeretic

BurntheHeretic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts
  • Chapter Name: Astra Militarum

You´re welcome! You have to see how it looks, but adding two coaxial bolters might do the trick for a conversion. Kind of nasty such upgrade parts don´t come with the box.. 

Halfpint100

Halfpint100

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 413 posts

You´re welcome! You have to see how it looks, but adding two coaxial bolters might do the trick for a conversion. Kind of nasty such upgrade parts don´t come with the box.. 

One is a chimera conversion into a hellhound so no parts there. One is the old metal one, so yer, no bits there. But one is the newer one, which should be easy to get a stormbolter on.

Time to hunt! the two coaxial bolters would look sweet. Now where did i put my knife.....

• BurntheHeretic likes this

Azarians

Azarians

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts

Your list looks pretty good, some good tanks, I'm not a big fan of the basilisks (but I love the models). Wich doctrine do you choose ? Cadian ? Catachan ?

Halfpint100

Halfpint100

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 413 posts

Cadian because thats what my models are.

I had a choice of a basilisk and a meltagun and 2 plasma guns or a manticore. I went for the former since basilisks are now ap -3 :)

Azarians

Azarians

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts

Yeah now they are a little bit better, they are better than the index version, and with the cadian doctrine...  Oh and you can spam the cadian stratagem with 12 CP... Let's get that +1 to hit !!!

• Halfpint100 likes this

Halfpint100

Halfpint100

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 413 posts

Yeah now they are a little bit better, they are better than the index version, and with the cadian doctrine...  Oh and you can spam the cadian stratagem with 12 CP... Let's get that +1 to hit !!!

Also with my warlord trait. I can get the cp back on 5+. If my opponent has a decent amount of cp, I have the aquilla to give me cp on 5+ as well. if an opponent has a small amount of cp, i will take the laurals instead for a lovely potential combo of FRFSRF on a 20man combined squad, re-rolling all hits

• Azarians likes this

Azarians

Azarians

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts

FLASHLIGHTS POWAA

• Halfpint100 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users