Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Buzzgob

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

civsmitty

civsmitty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,061 posts
  • Chapter Name: Alpha Legion

So, where do we land vis-a-vis Buzzgob and a kustom force field?

It's not a part of his standard wargear, nor is it listed in the options. But, as part of his abilities it is stated that "If this model purchases a KFF blah blah blah..." with the obvious keyword being if

My interpretation is that Buzzgob can purchase a KFF, but FW messed up and forgot to include a point total for his upgrade.

This would be a break from his previous rules where he could not, but then again he doesn't get a 300 point Stompa anymore either.

Thoughts? Your interpretations?

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Deleted.

Ask Forge World.

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Destroy what you enjoy!

Enjoy what you destroy!

civsmitty

civsmitty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,061 posts

I did. They told me to buy the rules and find out.

My reply was something to the effect of: "I did buy the rules, and it's unclear. Hence my question."

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,028 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Ravens
I think it doesn't look like Buzzgob can purchase a KFF as his wargear looks to be set. I think the KFF text is a copy-paste error from the Big Mek stat-line. That said, if you felt that he can take a KFF, I'd probably just use the points from the Index?

Edited by Brother Casman, 13 October 2017 - 11:27 AM.
typo

• Warhead01 likes this
Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Everything is complete! | 2015 Thread of Things! - Some infantry arrive.

"Sometimes the Imperium needs heroes, sometimes saints and other times it needs monsters, for the dark void of the stars is cold and has bred nightmare and treachery most could never dream of. So when some call him tyrant, world-burner, apostate and butcher, remember this: He commanded armies on a hundred worlds and spanned cursed stars where saints would fear to tread, and in doing so held back the night. Monster he may have been, but he was ours and I for one thank the God-Emperor for him." - Inquistor Marr, Speaking of Lord-Errant Cromhal, Supreme Commander of the Aegisine Crusade, M.39

toaae

toaae

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Chapter Name: Orks, Blood Angels

I think it doesn't look like Buzzgob can purchase a KFF as his warhead looks to be set. I think the KFF text is a copy-paste error from the Big Mek stat-line. That said, if you felt that he can take a KFF, I'd probably just use the points from the Index?

This is the only logical answer. Just use the KFF from the index.

• Warhead01 likes this

My favorite community is now open to my favorite army. We live in an enlightened age.

WAAAAGH!!!

gallery_30308_9518_15054.png

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts

I also agree as it's the only cost for the KFF right now. 
I'm surprised at forge Worlds reply to your question.  Almost seems snarky.  GW and I thought FW had been doing much better about addressing questions.

Maybe if the question was phrased differently?  
also, was there an faq for that book? 

Destroy what you enjoy!

Enjoy what you destroy!

civsmitty

civsmitty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,061 posts

Got a more satisfactory answer:

"Thanks for contacting us. This is a difficult one [for] us to say that it [is] definitely one way or the other. The text for the Kustom Force Field is generic for when one is taken as an option rather than being specific to Buzzgob. In Buzzgob's rules from the previous edition of the game he didn't have a KFF so this would suggest he still wouldn't have one, which leads us to believe that there is a cut and paste error from the Standard Ork Mek data sheet. 

However, just to be sure we have asked our studio to address this in a future FAQ/errata update."

About what I figured, it was a mistake. Glad to hear it from the horse's mouth!

Now give us back his stompa

• Warhead01 likes this

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts

I'm glad you got a reasonable reply from them. better than nothing anyway. 
so, he's lost his stompa? huh. 

Destroy what you enjoy!

Enjoy what you destroy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users