Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thinking about starting gsc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Khar'vros the Crazed

Khar'vros the Crazed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts
  • Chapter Name: Eightscarred
I'm thinking about starting a large gsc army with both nid and guard allies.

You guys think think this is a viable option?

Edited by Khar'vros the Crazed, 12 October 2017 - 05:53 PM.

Sircyn

Sircyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts
It's the best option ATM. As both guard and nids will be sitting on shiny new cutting edge codexs while the cult wallows in the index list doldrums.

I personally find the guard allies more cult characterful as I like the whole infiltration and insurrection style, but I suspect either option or both will produce exciting combos.

Edited by Sircyn, 15 October 2017 - 06:23 AM.

• Many in Arms One in Mind likes this

Khar'vros the Crazed

Khar'vros the Crazed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts
  • Chapter Name: Eightscarred
Well, what I was thinking with the nids was to use trygons and genestealers/broodlords for a subterranean assault kinda thing.
  • walter h likes this

Malios

Malios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 111 posts
As much as I know that Guard are more fitting allies for the cults then nids (once the nids start landing, the cult's job is done and they're on a very finite lifespan), the thought of having hulking monstrous creatures in support of your cultists is too awesome to pass up.

But, nids are very alien compared to the cults in how they look and play which hits home that genestealer cults are still human to some degree. Hence the allying with guard is more appealing because they synergise well as the enemy within. Its the enemy within part that drew me to the cults in the first place a very long time ago.

Edited by Malios, 17 October 2017 - 11:44 AM.

The greatest contradiction of chaos is that it is a realm in constant flux, yet the gods themselves never change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users