Primaris Librarian

Terimus

Okay, so I have a dilemma. I'm working on a Primaris marine force, and I really want to include a librarian in my army. I really really love the official model from GW (which I would of course make a few modifications to), but I also am pretty good at conversions, so converting my own out of a standard primaris is also a possibility.

What do you guys think?

The bits available in the Primaris range currently are VERY limited. I’ve had a real devil of a time trying to get a distinctive look with my Librarian conversion; I’d probably advise waiting until the next big wave of Primaris releases. Then again, that could be years; if you do go for converting your own, look long and hard at what bits exist in the right scale and plan it out well before starting your purchases.

While I agree with Naryn above about bits availability, the nice thing about Librarians is even if your conversion is only mostly Librarian-like, the blue armour will shore him up once he's painted, as long as the rest of your army isn't the same general shade of blue. Primaris generally let you swap out arms, pads, and heads as well, so you can get a lot altered pretty easily if you have the right arms and a head with a psychic hood :)

I don't see myself using the primaris captain that came in the DI box (my army is mixed) so I plan on using that model to convert it into a libby. It has the weapon loadout already. I've got a green stuff roller that I plan on using to make some cables and make the hood on the armor more of a psychic hood. I'll add a mag to the storm gauntlet bolter so it's like a pistol and closer matches the weapon profile.