New Codex

Malakithe

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/29/preview-the-great-devourer-essential-accessories-for-painters-and-great-value-scenery-bundles/

Oh oh oh!

"New week, you’ll be able to order a Tyranid codex worthy of the might of the Great Devourer, packed with updated rules, new ways to build your army and no fewer than SEVEN Hive Fleet Adaptations – new army-specific rules designed to represent the horrific diversity of the Tyranid swarms."

"These Hive Fleet Adaptations will cover the most well known of the Tyranid Hive Fleets – Behemoth, Kraken and Leviathan – as well as developing the background for four more – Gorgon, Jormungandr, Hydra and Kronos. All the adaptions have been designed to be fun, thematic, and powerful; Hydra, for example, can re-roll hits in close combat against units they outnumber (which, with Tyranids, shouldn’t be too tricky!)."

(Emphasis mine.)

These look very promising. And it'll be great to have seven options from which to choose! This release can't come soon enough!

Nice find!

Fitting to the Carnifex topic I think this Stratagem will get used quite often:

"1cp voracious appetite

fight phase, nid mon or character is chosen to fight.can reroll all failed wounds for that model til end of phase"

I'm wondering if SitW is going to stack

It doesn't say it doesn't stack at least. So if something is preventing it from stacking it would be the other similar ability specifically mentioning it not stacking with SitW.