Best heavy weapon options?

Time of madness

Looking to fill out a brigade with 3 heavy weapon choices. I see a lot of people using earthshakers and thudd guns. What’s the popular opinion on the best choice for 3 slots?

Rest of my list is shaping up like this.

- commander

- lots of malific lords

- 6 units of militia with flamers

- 3 enforcers

- 3 spawn

Any help would be great. Thanks

Scout Sentinels might be a good option instead of Spawn. Spawn are cheap, but do little but serve as an annoyance, and can largely be ignored. They are 15 points more than spawn (assuming multi laser), but they have much more utility. They function as deepstrike denial on deployment, and can be fitted with a ranged weapon that makes them a bit more of a bullet magnet. 

Looking to fill out a brigade with 3 heavy weapon choices. I see a lot of people using earthshakers and thudd guns. What’s the popular opinion on the best choice for 3 slots?

Rest of my list is shaping up like this.

- commander

- lots of malific lords

- 6 units of militia with flamers

- 3 enforcers

- 3 spawn

Any help would be great. Thanks

You definitely need some heavy hitters in there. Earthshaker Batteries are definitely a solid choice. A lot of people rave about Thudd Guns but Ive found they really struggle against armored infantry and they are not exactly cheap, frankly I think I would rather just have more Earthshakers.  Unless you play a lot of horde armies, then a couple Thudds could hurt.

Smaller squads of Disciples with a Lascannon can be quite valuable for anti-tank/monster in the Elite slots.

Edited by Akrim