Consecrators Questions, especially with DA Relics

Endgame

Hi all,

I'm trying to work out how to best tie together my 30k DA force into a playable 40k force due to the color scheme switch for DA after the heresy.

I currently have ~80 marines with DA shoulder pads of different marks of armor, MKII to MKIV, as well as a Spartan with Dark Angels doors, 2 contemptors (from the Calth box) and plans to add some 30k rhino variants.  

From the little bit I've read, the Concecrators retained the black armor of the pre Heresy DA.  Would it make sense for them to retain Dark Angels Heraldry on the older armor, such as the shoulder pads?  If they got their hands on a spartan, would they retain the Dark Angels Doors?

Did the Concecrators get any primaris marines?  Given their nature for using the older gear, would the primaris go to the DA?

Do you think there would be any complaints if I fielded a mixed 40k army of Dark Angels Primaris and Concecrators with a mix of older armor marks with DA markings and newer (such as MKVI and MKVII) armor with Concecrator markings?

Quite honestly, if I were you, I would just rip-off Consecrators fluff, but went with Dark Angels heraldry. Maybe create another successor chapter, name it to your liking, use Legion paint scheme and use the logic of Consecrators. Seems easiest to me to have the fluff background for it. On the table, nobody will care. I am still playing Green-Black force since my first 1000pts were DA Green before I switchted to Consecrators and I have not yet come around to repainting/buying new models.

To answer some questions:

I am building (and some others too) a Consecrators army and I used plenty of Dark Angel heraldry on them, even on shoulderpads etc. They always have the Consecrators pad, but the other one and rest of bling I am freely using Dark Angelish. If they are chapter of relic hunters, it makes sense (to me) to display DA heraldry. Sooner or later you will need to find a workaround because of the awesome kits like Interrogator-Chaplain, Deathwing Knights, Ravenwing stuff that has the Dark Angel iconography heavily ingrained and cannot be avoided.

Based on the book, all Chapters got Primaris Marines, some even got Primaris Successors. As the Primaris were created from Primarch geneseeds, there are children of Lion running out and about. The main issue some have with Primaris is that we're secretive chapter, yadda yadda. As I love the Primaris models, being bigger means they are JOY to paint, I have decided to create a Primaris Company for my Consecrators. Fluff-wise, they are still overwatched by hardened small-marine interrogator chaplains and whatnot. My logic behind this is, regular marine goes through Chapter indoctrination from being Scout through strike company and then into RW/DW to learn about Inner Circle. I see no reason why Primaris couldn't follow the same manner and rites of initiation. Besides, if our Chapter is good enough to keep it a secred from regular battle company dudes, we can probably keep it like it before Primaris company.

As stated above, there wouldn't be any issues. Especially if your army would be all black and tied into with tone, I do not see any problem. In tournaments you will anyways keep it simple and play "Dark Angels" anyways just for the sake of named characters etc, and for casual game, nobody should care.

I use exclusively 30K gear for my Consecrators, and apart from the insignia and the occasional red stripe, they're practically 30K Dark Angels.

If someone gives you trouble for using them in a 40K match because their iconography is wrong or because they have the wrong colour, then you're better off not playing with them.

Same deal for the Primaris. People have no reason to complain just because you painted them in a colour they don't agree with fluffwise, they should be happy your models are painted at all.

I use exclusively 30K gear for my Consecrators, and apart from the insignia and the occasional red stripe, they're practically 30K Dark Angels.

If someone gives you trouble for using them in a 40K match because their iconography is wrong or because they have the wrong colour, then you're better off not playing with them.

Same deal for the Primaris. People have no reason to complain just because you painted them in a colour they don't agree with fluffwise, they should be happy your models are painted at all.

Very true!

Even just a few posts of encouragement is all I needed I guess, as I'm really psyched now. I think my plan is:

1) pickup a pair of DA veteran squads and some Consecrator shoulders for some nice conversions.  I'll mix these in with my 30k power armor to make all of the infantry I could likely need for a 40k game.  

2) I really want to paint the Primaris DA green, so I'll keep my Primaris as true DA.  If I want to use the two together, it will be a combined operation between Consecrators and Dark Angels, and I'll probably build my list with one DA Primaris detachment and one Concecrator detachment. 

Option 2 may not be on the cutting edge of competitive, but I'll have fun with it and it lets both of my forces fit together.