Power House Unit for Imperium

Torin

Good Day Brother,

I have been wondering what powerful unit  do we have that actually knockout those chaos primach. The problem faced is that chaos sick combo with magnus & Monti & Kairos are superbly powerful. So far only FW model are the only one imperium have to knockout those character. So far i  only manage to kill these Primach is with my eldar.. that is because i put in an eldar scorpion(forgeworld also) which can knock each one per turn starting with magnus.

With my SW im trying to figure out how. Thunderwolves gets smite like mad. Long fang would only have 1 or 2 rounds to shoot before magnus arrive. Now with monti... so sick. I cant wait for GW (not FW) to bring back Leman Russ. So we can actually use him in tourny. Since most tourny dont allow FW models, So i feel its abit one side.

what your take on this Brothers, some enlightenment would be good.

Cheer,

Torin.

Guilliman of course. When will you silly wolves learn to accept our new Emperor. /sarcasm.

I haven't tried it out, but how would a stormfang (gunship variant) would do. It can't move out of range and has decent wounds and damage output. Then maybe use LF to lay in extra wounds. Chaos Primarchs would have to choose to go after the stormfang or the LF's, letting one or the other keep blasting him away.

another option is to get some Wulfen into CC and hopefully when he kills any they get feel no pain and if they die they get to do some more damage with the frenzy the only issue is getting the unit into cc alive. Edited by wilkco

Use a Stormwolf or LRC to deliver a squad of TH/SS TDA Wolf Guard led by Arjac and a Wolf Priest. Very expensive but can pretty much take out Knights and Primarchs on the charge (or very nearly at least).

Against Morty for example, they should be able to lay down 14 wounds, even through his 4++/5+++ saves. Add in a few shots from the Storm Wolf and he should hauling his pestilent backside back to the Plaugue Planet for a good sulk.

Morty is not as tough as people seem to think he is. Trust me...I know. I've had him completely killed in first round shooting when the other guy got to go first. Actually has happened twice, dead in round one shooting phase.

What were you using to accomplish such a feat, battle brother?

Morty is not as tough as people seem to think he is. Trust me...I know. I've had him completely killed in first round shooting when the other guy got to go first. Actually has happened twice, dead in round one shooting phase.

What were you using to accomplish such a feat, battle brother?

Against me it was a Knight in one game and a combination of dark lances from Dark Eldar in the second game.

When I did it to an opposing DG player I was using my Stormfang, predator and two las cannon RBs.

• 2 weeks later...

Magnus was taken down by the Stormfang gunship live on WHTV in his very first appearance but it was a mighty lucky bit of rolling so not reliable but very funny :)

That was 7th. Helfrost doesn't work in the same way now and while still possible it's highly unlikely Magnus with drop to the normal weapons of a Stormfang in a single turn.