Tallarn doctrine

mertbl

The doctrine says units ignore the -1 to shoot when advancing and firing assault weapons and that they can shoot anything other than heavy after advancing. I read that as no penalty for shooting anything after advancing because the rulebook stops all shooting except assault weapons at a -1.

Am I reading that right?

Edited by mertbl

With the Tallarn strategem, Ambush, can you choose 3 infantry units that are mounted in chimeras or do you have to choose the chimeras separately from the squads? Eg: 3 squads of mounted infantry inside their chimeras and the ambush the chimeras fire using the Tallarn doctrine and then next turn the infantry pop out and chimeras move and fire.

Although Reece isn't always right he does hsve some good insight into intent being a play tester.

I think his advice of;

If there are multiple ways of interpreting a rule take the less powerful one.

Which in this instance would mean vehicle and unit count separately.

There have been some FAQs go the other way. At least until a FAQ drops no one will argue with this interpretation. ;)

Halfpint youre a terrible person! :biggrin.:

If i wanted to be a terrible person, It would be 3 cyclopses and 3 russes with the TC :wink:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/5c/5c980772cda3fc42aa90b41b1b880ee02cfe3714fff8fdef0b988b7dcfd44dd6.jpg

With the Tallarn strategem, Ambush, can you choose 3 infantry units that are mounted in chimeras or do you have to choose the chimeras separately from the squads? Eg: 3 squads of mounted infantry inside their chimeras and the ambush the chimeras fire using the Tallarn doctrine and then next turn the infantry pop out and chimeras move and fire.

The rules for transports state that when you set them up you can choose to start infantry units embarked in them.

The Ambush stratagem allows you to set up transports in reserve.

RAW, it seems like you could pick 3 Chimeras with the Ambush rule, and then start units embarked in them when you set them up in reserve.

Or three stormlords full of ogryns, preists and pyskers

We i was thinking of one banehammer with 6 bullgryns, commissar lord, a priest and primaris and a command squad with meltas and medic supported with two taruox with infantry squads for bubble wrapping.

The tremor cannon will make sure no one escapes the pain turn two

The rules for transports state that when you set them up you can choose to start infantry units embarked in them.

The Ambush stratagem allows you to set up transports in reserve.

RAW, it seems like you could pick 3 Chimeras with the Ambush rule, and then start units embarked in them when you set them up in reserve.

Alright, I am following the logic process here. When I am declaring the use of the strategem, I mark/point out the infantry units which are going to be embarked on their dedicated transports (Chimeras in my case) and keep them to the side/reserve.

Is that a clear and concise methodology?