Death Guard Helbrute tactics and tips

Bat33.1

For anti tank purpose..what is our best option as DG? Crawler? Las/missle Brute? Pred?

I'd have to say the Brute if it was used as a sole anti tank option probably whilst it does have less wounds than a predator ( though it is cheaper) the fact it can benefit from the legion trait and have use the fire frenzy trait to fire twice in a turn for 1 CP does make it slightly better at anti tank
So...do you think the Brute is a good option? Or just "the best" option
I'd say depending on the target a single brute is more likely to kill Tank in one turn compared to Crawler though a predator can be pretty close as well I just view brutes as better anti tank out of the 3 as unlike the others which are limited to staying still otherwise they get worse at hitting brutes can easily advance forward with infantry squads helping add that needed long range firepower most of our infantry lacks but then again that's just me so probably not a good reason . To be fair I reckon the best anti tank vehicle we have access to is the laser destroyer vindicator (which we can actually take with the FAQ ) now that thing is a beast

I agree with what has been said, the Helbrute is just as good as taking out tanks as the predator if not better. 

The crawler is good on paper and I am looking forward to using my to along side my helbrutes. 

I don't see the crawler as anti tank really. Yes it can do that, but I see it as a very good all rounder. 

Helbrutes are support units for footslogging power armour. Basically their entire draw is that they catch lascannons early game so they are not aimed to the Marines.

Best tactics with them : gear them for a specific thing you want to threaten, deploy them towards the end and watch as the enemy is desperately going to try to bring it down asap.

Yeah but your argument was they are good because they are drawing Lascannon fire away, which really wouldn't be an issue at all. :biggrin.:

Well, since they are here, they'll always be drawing Lascannons away :D

So, I'm really considering investing in a Leviathan for my DG. Any body have advice for how to kit him out? I know a lot of players recommend dual Grav-bombard.. as nice as that would be I really think it needs at least 1 close combat weapon. 

Could the Leviathans be considered "competitive" at all for 40k? 

So, I'm really considering investing in a Leviathan for my DG. Any body have advice for how to kit him out? I know a lot of players recommend dual Grav-bombard.. as nice as that would be I really think it needs at least 1 close combat weapon. 

Could the Leviathans be considered "competitive" at all for 40k? 

I think the resounding chorus online is YES!

Especially now that for DG they can move and fire weapons hitting on a 2+ with impunity.

The Drill & Claw are both very nice.

Hi brother, I'm actually running a Leviathan (Renegade Chapters trait, not DG) with Grav-Bombard and Siege Claw.  This was the setup I had in 30k, so I kept it.

I hadn't seen much discussion about the dual Grav-Bombard, but I think I agree.  The reason is, when you're running a Leviathan, you've got other stuff already to take care of the melee issue.  You're not going to miss his 4 close combat attacks.  You're better off re-positioning him to shoot something else.

I absolutely understand your thinking, though.  With Dreadnoughts/Helbrutes, I usually run them with a melee and ranged weapon to support the Troops, I think that's the role they're usually best designed for, otherwise get some Predators for ranged/anti-tank.  The Leviathan is an exception, due to power/rarity of Grav-Bombard.

And that ranged setup is only further enhanced by the awesomeness of the DG legion trait IMHO.

Hi brother, I'm actually running a Leviathan (Renegade Chapters trait, not DG) with Grav-Bombard and Siege Claw.  This was the setup I had in 30k, so I kept it.

I hadn't seen much discussion about the dual Grav-Bombard, but I think I agree.  The reason is, when you're running a Leviathan, you've got other stuff already to take care of the melee issue.  You're not going to miss his 4 close combat attacks.  You're better off re-positioning him to shoot something else.

I absolutely understand your thinking, though.  With Dreadnoughts/Helbrutes, I usually run them with a melee and ranged weapon to support the Troops, I think that's the role they're usually best designed for, otherwise get some Predators for ranged/anti-tank.  The Leviathan is an exception, due to power/rarity of Grav-Bombard.

And that ranged setup is only further enhanced by the awesomeness of the DG legion trait IMHO.

True.. and I absolutely agree with your reasoning on the matter. The Leviathan is definitely going to be a priority target for any enemy I'd be going up against. Considering the Leviathan can heal itself in CC after killing models (which it absolutely will) I'm wondering if it would be better for the longevity of the Leviathan to at least be partially kitted out for CC? 

I guess if i'm investing enough money into a Levi it wouldn't hurt to buy an extra CCW arm in addition to x2 dual G-B just to try it out... 

Edited by Bloody Legionnaire

On the topic of Helbrutes. They are great! But not really for Death Guard. If they had Disgustingly Resilient they would be able to compete with the Plagueburst Crawler. But they don't. I honestly think they are better for the other chaos factions that don't have the Disgustingly Resilient rule.