And now for something completley different

Gentlemanloser

Thursday night, I'm gonna try Purifiers (and Crowe!!) in Rhinos. :wink:

I'll let you know how it goes! :tongue.:

Edit: Well Crowe and 5 Purifiers in a Razor. ;)

Others will be 2 x 5 man Purifiers (why bother with full 10 man squads in 8th...) in Rhinos.

Minimum 5 x 5 man Purifiers with Crowe.

Edited by Gentlemanloser

"Suprisingly dangerous in large numbers":wink:

Yesterday my purifiers reduced full health C'tan to 2 wounds with a lucky roll. Going to test them on weekend against custodes-heavy list again. Amount of mortal wound they can cause is ridiclous. If only they were cheaper or stronger in close combat.

I think, you need some kind of firemagnet. GMNDKs will be the best to distract opponent from purifiers. I always considered that the strongest side of purifiers is that no one cares about them when GMNDKs on the table. A landraider or even two will also be nice here for the same reason. Not as effective as GMNDKs but still fun to try and could be gated for even more fun.

So I really want to try loading up 3 squads of purifiers in a land raider crusader, starting it on the table as far back and blocked by as much terrain as possible, put Voldus right behind it. Then cast sanctuary and use heed if need be on the land raider and gate it up right into the enemies face, fire everything. Turn 2 jump everyone out, deep strike a brother captain and or ancient with banner of flame, gate Voldus up for rerolls and unleash 4 d6 mortal wounds on various units or one very scary one.

Yeah Purifiers seem like a unit that needs a distraction so they can be delivered safely into point blank range. Not to mention 'Psychic Locus' so you're not literally shorter range than a hand grenade.

I'll be trialling mine in a Raven soon. I don't really trust Razorbacks/Rhinos as a delivery, they'll get wrecked by anti-tank on the way in most likely, or get cheesed by chaff screens (common problem for all ground units now). 

I think I've settled on trying some assassins. :)

Thinking of;

HQ. Crowe, Hammerhand 125

Elite. Purifier x5, GoI 140

Rhino 72

Rhino 72

HQ. Brother-Captain, Hammer, Sanctuary - Warlord Nemesis Lord 165

Elite. Brotherhood Ancient, Banner, Vortex 130

Elite. Venerable Dreadnought, Missile Launcher, Twin Lascannon, Astral Aim 185

Razorback, Twin AC 100

HQ. Primaris Psyker 40

Elite. Vindicare 90

Elite. Vindicare 90

Elite. Vindicare 90

Elite. Eversor 70

Elite. Eversor 70

I squeaked a win turn 4, tabling my nid opponent.

GK thoughts from the match.

Sadly the vindicares did nothing. We're locked from turn 1 by flyrant, crone and deathleaper.

Crowe sucks. Hammerhand up charging a trigon. Dealt a few wounds. Died in return. Got called names when i popped only in death and stacked that for two more attacks. Did 2w in the end.

The AP0, D1 HURTS. Crowe sucks.

Cleansing Flame wasnt all that. Even with my opponent rushing me, so got a lot of CC usage. Purifiers died like strikes. And were often out of smite range.

The Ven Dread under performed. 3 shots a round simply isn't enough.

I missed (my opponent said the same thing. He noticed it as well) not having any GM rerolls.

Eversors were ok. But i think next I'm going to troll with Culexes. That will earn me some hate. ;)

Edit. Character rule is powerful. My opponent was unable to shoot my BC or Ancient as an eversor was locked in CC in his back field and the closest unit to his shooting units. That caused some cussing. ;)

Edited by Gentlemanloser

I hope Vindicares will be buffed in codex. They really deserve 2+ rerollable and always d6 damage, not only on 6 to-wound. Add a stratagem to ignore line of sight and they can finally do what they made for.

As for Purifiers, they can be effective against slow stand and shoot type armies because they have nowhere to run.  They must fight in opponents depoyment zone or they do nothing. That is my experience with them anyway.