Dealing with Repulsor

Corvus Fortis

Lost another game to local Dark Angel player. His list is Azrael, Ezekiel, Repulsor, Redempror, some Forge World heavy tanks\fliers, 3 primaris tactical packs, some other stuff that varied. Thing that really annoys me is Azrael\Repulsor combo. This monster is cheaper than a landraider, has same stats, save is a bit worse, but number of guns it have is silly. I have almost no chance of charging it after deepstiking because of -2 to charge rule. Even when I get a charge, because of Fly he just goes out of CC and shoots full power again. No penalty for moving to. And on top of that Azrael gives it 4++ so most of my AV shooting from Stormraven just goes to nowhere. 

I was thinking about more defensive playstyle, but Repulsor can shoot almost all his guns on 36\48 inches and rather fast. Forge World stuff (commonly Vindicator Laser Destroyer) deals heavy damage easily ignoring saves at all. And this also means that I will not deal any damage myself because how much it outranges me. So any ideas how to deal with it?

Mate get a couple of rapier laser desyroyers! They end armour.

Thought about a deepstriking libby with null zone to stop the invul?

Me and my group have a running joke about them. They dont seem to hit, and they don't seem to ever wound, and any time someone has a lucky 6+ to save, they always do. So we laugh about how ineffective they are. But once a game, one of then will knock of 13 hull points from a leman Russ. So we keep bringing them, despite their reputation.

Fly your Stormraven to Azrael and kill him first. His save doesn't count when he's embarked. And a Culexus can work wonders against Ezekiel. He'll be useless. Or, in this case, a Calidus may actually be useful against Azrael. Vortex of Doom can be useful if he's stacking everything close to Azrael. A lucky purge soul could work, but your Ld will be the same as Azrael's.

I dislike the Parking lot DA playstyle. It's boring as hell to play and watch. I hope it gets fixed with the codex. I try to play different lists than that, mix it up with some bikes and terminators, even if they aren't great.

Mate get a couple of rapier laser desyroyers! They end armour.

Thought about a deepstriking libby with null zone to stop the invul?

I'd like not to use allies. That makes me to question why I play GK if I can just pick a more powerful army and deal with everything easily? However, looking how I helpless against some lists makes me thing about this another way. At least I think of taking some Scions, Inquisitors and assassins. Both fluffy and helpful. But if I take Rapers why not just jump straght to Thunderhawk?:rolleyes: I like Nullzone idea but this will force me to take another detachment with at least some troop tax. And it is hard to cast nullzone without bonuses.

Fly your Stormraven to Azrael and kill him first. His save doesn't count when he's embarked. And a Culexus can work wonders against Ezekiel. He'll be useless. Or, in this case, a Calidus may actually be useful against Azrael. Vortex of Doom can be useful if he's stacking everything close to Azrael. A lucky purge soul could work, but your Ld will be the same as Azrael's.

He is screend with a lot of Primaris guys. We play a large format, so he can allow this. And he deploys in the very corner. So no Callidus or stormraven. He is on foot from the very start, so almost every model has 4++ from turn 1. I tried vortex every game, but failed to cast it at all even with stratagem for bonus dice. Anyway, it will most likely deal only d3 wounds. Even if I cast it on 12+, I have to roll straight 6 to finish Azrael. To kill him with purge soul I really need a lucky roll. I need Ld 10 from trait or Ancient and roll 6 while he rolls 1 for the test. Well, it is possible, but unlikely.

I came up with an idea of astral aim dreadnought behind a LoS or in cover and a Lasrazor. Stromraven exchanges multi-melta for Typhoon launcher. He will be unable to destroy all this stuff in one turn, and dreadnought will be untoucheble unless he moves to take it out. Typhoon Stormraven means he will be in range of all of my AV guns and he will not be able to reach me with everything even on turn 2 (36+10 = 46, and I I will be roughly in 48 inches, only lascannons can touch me, depends on deployment though). And my strikes will take objectives. Still very unrealiable and depends on luck (4 lascannons under rerolls can one-shots even a stormraven).

Venerable Dreads with Astral Aim and Ravens are how you crack armour in 8th. All of our other options are melee only, so against parking lot lists (which usually have chaff screens to prevent alpha strikes anyway), you need ranged anti-vehicle.

Also a small note, you can cheese Repulsors (and other light/medium vehicles in the T6/7 bracket) by dumping a Psybolt Ammo boosted volley of storm bolter into them (or Psychic Onslaught boosted psilencer shots). It won't kill it outright, but if you're out of D6 damage shots to thump it with, its still -1 AP hits they fail about 50% of the time. Just pray your wound rolls let you tear down the last 3 or so wounds.