Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Death guard 1500

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Pestilens

Pestilens

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts
Hi everybody, i've got a tournament next week, and I will post two list to see what you think about them, thanks

1st list

Hq:

Typhus

Malignant plague caster

Troops:

2X7 PM with the plasma guns each

17x pox walkers

17x pox walkers

Hq:

Demon prince with wings, talons and plate

Fast atack:

3 bloat drones with plaguespitters

Or

Hq:

Typhus

Plague caster

Demon prince with wings, talons and plate

Troops:

10 cultist

10 cultist

18 pox walkers

18 poxwalkers

5 PM with 3 plasmas

5 PM with 3 plasmas

Fast atack

2 bloat drones with plaguespitters

1 plague drones

Thank you for your time

Guidebot

Guidebot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts

Ah, 1500pts.  Much more like it mate =)

Let's take a look...

List 1:

-Solid all rounder.  I don't like poxwalkers so I'd skimp on them down to 10 and take two squads of chaos cultists too (remember, cultists can feed the poxwalkers!).  

-3 Bloat Drones is fine, but eats into your diversity a bit.  If you fancied it, one PlagueBurst Crawler would diversify your threats/ available lines of play, while also being a pretty decent Bloat Drone analog when needed.  A Myphitic Blight Hauler would also diversify your threats, while giving support to your poor footslogging plasma plaguemarines (but, of course, no model for that right now).

List 2:

I like this one less.  More poxwalkers = not good imo, though I see that you've got the cultists to feed them.  Fewer ablative plague marines on your plasmaguns isn't so hot.  Plague Drones are awesome but summoning isn't.  

Think carefully how you're spending your CP too.  I see that you wanna feed the poxwalkers, but you'll need CP for Cloud of Flies, too, plus everything else - it's a tight balance at this points level.  

Pestilens

Pestilens

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts
Thanks for time!!!!
  • Guidebot likes this

Arufel87

Arufel87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 360 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
The big problem that I can see with both of these lists is that they're both 1) really light on anti tank and 2) have a really predictable fast element. Now if I was your opponent then I would focus on the plague marines and then all you have left that can threaten vehicles is the daemon prince. The foot element is painfully slow although admittedly bell dude is costly at this points level.

Without changing the list too much I would go with list one, trim the pox walkers and look at a helbrute or even las pred to shore up the lack of anti tank. If I were to go further then I'd forget about the extra command point from the fast attack formation, drop a bloat drone and the plague caster and give the plague marines some rhinos so they can get up the field faster. Use the blob of poxies to shield them from turn 1 deep strikers. Any points spare pump into anti tank.

Edited by Arufel87, 19 October 2017 - 09:30 PM.

Pestilens

Pestilens

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts
I'll play first list, but with 2x5 PM plasmas, and buy them a rhino

Pestilens

Pestilens

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts
Last change with the feedback