8th Ed Codex rant

Palwatch

Is it just me or is the drip feeding of codexes drving anyone else insane?

Right now Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Space Wolves are being forced to sit there and watch as all the other chapters not only have access to strats, relics and chapter tactics, but also cheaper TH/PF and drop pods (and probably other stuff).

Would it kill GW to at least FAQ it so we can have 12 point PF like everyone else? That 8 points makes a huge difference.

The worst part, for me anyway, is checking the net every day in the hopes that we are next, when I KNOW that there is a warehouse shomewhere with pallets of our 8th ed codex already printed ready to ship.

Would it kill GW to just give us a release date. Not even rules, just a release date. They know when it is going to be released so JUST FREAKING TELL US!!!!!! Its infuriating.

If the codex doesnt come in December (theres two to go so you never know) then we will be forced to buy chapter approved for the 'pity strats' that they are chucking to non codexed armies. Then they will probably release our codex in January to rub it in.

Its driving me mad. Honestly.

Im advocating an orginised spamming of teh WH40k page with the hastag #bloodangelscodexwhen?   until someone gives us the freaking information.

What are you talking about drip feeding? Would you prefer having to wait months between each Codex like it used to be? It's already as fast as possible without releasing only trash. o_O

Point adjustments will come with the Chapter Approved book in Dezember. No need for a FAQ. If you want to use the C:SM point values already, talk about your group with it.

Also the Chapter Approved is not just point adjustments and "pity strats" as you put it, it's a lot of stuff to improve the core rules as well so it would be worth buying even if you already had the Codex anyway.

And yes giving out release dates would be bad because people would nail GW on it. Release schedules can change and in fact we already got told they are ahead of their planned release schedule.

You really need to learn to be more patient it seems. :D

Would you rather have a couple of months until a Codex release, or a few years? Get a hold on yourself, man, this is hardly the longest the Blood Angels have had to go between a Codex release, and isn't even close to the longest between Codex releases for some of the factions in the game. Several Factions waited entire Editions, sometimes multiple Editions.

If the thought of buying Chapter Approved and then getting a Codex later isn't to your taste, then don't buy it. You get to determine what you do with your money, not some game.

Spamming isn't allowed on the B&C, so why should anyone allow you to advocate spamming a social media site? What you are suggesting is the gaming equivalent of a five year old sitting in the back seat of a car on a road trip going "Are we there yet?" repeatedly to get attention.

Seriously, the Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Space Wolves players will be fine waiting an extra couple of months.

Please see my commensts re chapter approved above.

We are being drip fed codexes a\nd we are being forced to wait months. I dont understand your point.

I dont need to learn to be patient either. I want my stuff now, or an indication of how long I will have to wait. Its hardly unreasonable

Also lol at even thinking I was serious re spamming the 40k facebook page

Please see my commensts re chapter approved above.

We are being drip fed codexes a\nd we are being forced to wait months. I dont understand your point.

I dont need to learn to be patient either. I want my stuff now, or an indication of how long I will have to wait. Its hardly unreasonable

Also lol at even thinking I was serious re spamming the 40k facebook page

I adressed all your points. Maybe you need to read my post again. Your post is very unreasonable.

I uhh... I don't see where you are coming from beyond:

"Waaaah, these other factions have a codex... Where is mine?"

In the past 4 months we have had 6 Codexes, Eldar are due imminently with 'Nids swiftly after. That is the most GW has ever put out at such a swift rate.

I can understand your impatience but we've been told all codexes will be out within a year, so it's not long to wait at all.

The Reason SW/ DA/ BA/ DW are taking longer is because (i'd wager at least) that GW are doing some serious work to them. Primaris integration will need to be handled well and there also needs to be a host of fluff to go with them - especially BA as we know Baal is currently undergoing some serious :censored: so it will need to neatly fit within the current timeline.

These "sub armies that are actually their own faction" are quite complex to a new player and veterans are still confused by how DG are now their own force compared to everything else in the Chaos 'dex bar 1KSons.

As others have said too, Chapter approved is coming out to rebalance points and armies that are having to wait longer for a 'dex.

There are still plenty of factions without a 'dex.

Personally? Let's wait longer - be the last codex, the most refined and well thought out. Much rather that than 7th where we were first and awful.

TL:DR; 

Chill Bruh - is only a game, why you heff to be mehd?

Come on, it must be a little annoying for everyone that we have no idication of a release yet? Just a bit?

Nope, I'd either rather play or have other things to do rather than worry about when Codexes are going to come out.

At least we have rules to play the game - back when the last major rules reset (3rd Edition) came out, the only thing we had was the main rule book, not even an Index separately with additional information, and no knowledge of when Codexes might come out. Then when the Codexes did come out, the Blood Angels, Space Wolves, and Dark Angels Codexes were simply supplemental books with about 20-30 pages of material in them with almost no fluff and a bunch of unit entries that simply referenced back to the Codex: Space Marines, meaning that you had to go buy that Codex too so that you could even play. Those entries also had absolutely no information on how the Chapters might use those squads differently to support a more unique style of combat.

The fact that things might get adjusted quickly and that we are actually getting information directly from the source, rather than waiting long periods with absolutely no information is actually more tolerable.

If you weren't serious with your post, then you need to do a better job at actually indicating that. Text communication allows none of the usual indicators of tone, body language, etc., that you would communicate with in person.

because Im unhinged lol, thats why I needed the rant.

Come on, it must be a little annoying for everyone that we have no idication of a release yet? Just a bit?

In the world of old GW; sure it would be.

New GW though? Not at all. They're as transparent as they need to be and we know stuff a few weeks in advance of when we used to.

It'll happen when it happens.

We've had 6 Codexes released in the last 3 months, 2 more coming this month and another 2 in December. It's an absolutely unprecedented pace of releases. Even if BA is one of the last books out, it's unlikely to be much longer than 6 months away.

Enjoy the fact that you know an update is coming, which is something many factions over the years have never been sure of (and as already mentioned, in some cases had to wait multiple editions for)

Archived