People's thoughts on the Macharius Vulcan?

Ishagu

Well, this may be the only FW tank that is worth something until the FAQs roll around( there could be 1 or 2 others that I'm forgetting about, but the point stands) simply because it already has a very similar rule to grinding advance built into it, making it heavy 30.  It was kind of strange that this model retained that rule while the Stormlord did not.

imo, if FW wanted to do this right, they would change the weapon profile to always be heavy 15, and give it the updated grinding advance, along with the other Macharius and Malcadors

Edited by Chris521

I've got one (In my avatar) and I absolutely love the damn thing. 

Stick it next to anything with a re-roll bubble and watch the Marines/Terminators/Bikers Melt like butter. 

With two rounds of shooting I've had it kill 7 bikers and 10 Terminators (With stormshields). Stick it next to a Trojan to have it re-roll all those failed hits if you really fancy some rotary cannon goodness. 

gIZnMjw.jpg

WKMgyrx.jpg

O7OzSlh.jpg

Ok, Astra Militarum are pretty crazy. You can literally build armies with no struggle to fit the units you want. You may have seen the list I drew up over in the Army review section.

I'll be running two of these tanks in support of a Shadowsword. Whilst I love the Leman Russ it doesn't have the same visual impact. I want the giant tanks that literally Dwarf the men surrounding them :-D

Ok, Astra Militarum are pretty crazy. You can literally build armies with no struggle to fit the units you want.

Amen to that.

I’m still fairly hook on the whole Brigade Detachment thing. Trying to lighten up and using a Battalion and some other one-pointers is proving a mental challenge.