Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WizKids pair up with GW to release 40k games!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Urriak Urruk

Urriak Urruk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 505 posts
  • Chapter Name: Wolf Brothers

Guess who's back???

Nemesis%20Expansion.jpg

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,612 posts
  • Chapter Name: Neo Zeon
A character driven cooperative campaign board game like Imperial Assault would be pretty awesome, and wouldn't tread on the toes of the main line. It would also be a cheaper easier entry to the 40k franchise than games like the HH Prospero style game.

It will probably not be anything near that cool, though.

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

walter h

walter h

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 323 posts
Blood bowl,would have been a easy format for clix,if you think about it.
  • Ulfgrim Alvsbane likes this

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,984 posts
  • Chapter Name: Genesis Chapter circa M35

Great....they split ways with the infinitely awesome Fantasy Flight Games to now work with these muppets -sigh-

BCC

• Ulfgrim Alvsbane and Lord Marshal like this
"A legion divided,
First to stand reborn,
The beginnings of a new age."

The Genesis Chapter origins and circa M35 project:

http://www.bolterand...ca-m35-project/

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,003 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Well you never know how it worked behind the scenes. FF Games could've been great to us but dicks to their partners and Wizkids could be great partners despite them being them. Let's hope for the best.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Ulfgrim Alvsbane

Ulfgrim Alvsbane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,733 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

Obviously we haven't seen a product, but Wizkids does not exactly scream nuanced take on dystopian universe. 

While I do agree with that sentiment, it bears considering that the founders of WizKids were the guys who brought us Battletech and Renegade Legion.  They may not be as "grimdark" as 40K but they're certainly dystopian universes.

• Irbis likes this
"We come home to pray, to reflect, to remember, before we journey back to the stars.
Hatred keeps us crusading, Regret brings us home. Shame always calls us back." - ADB

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,003 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Do we even know it has something to do with 40k? Could be AoS as well.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Brother Cristopher

Brother Cristopher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,571 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Obviously we haven't seen a product, but Wizkids does not exactly scream nuanced take on dystopian universe. 

I don't want to sound spiteful, but so does GW. Any resemblance of a nuanced approach is long gone and the dystopian theme seems to slacken a bit with the Imperium being able to muster thousands of improved marines, produce more advanced equipment and not care about the loss of important worlds such as, say, Cadia.

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,792 posts

and not care about the loss of important worlds such as, say, Cadia.

And why would they? huh.png

Cadia is just one world among millions. It's like claiming attack on Pearl Harbour in 1941 should have brought USA to a brink of ruin. Hell, PH probably had five orders of magnitude of total US military strength more destroyed than Cadia did...

Retconned Legion

Retconned Legion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 246 posts
  • Chapter Name: Parsimonious 11th 'Irongeld'

While it's exceedingly unlikely we will see any miniatures from Wizkids, i can dream of Attack Wing: Battlefleet Gothic, if only because it'd finally allow the answer to those perpetual "Who would win?" questions about 40k and Star Trek.

Sapor Irides

'Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention "the rules"? Now listen, bit of advice - tell me the truth if you think you know it, lay down the law if you're feeling brave! But, never, ever, tell me the rules!'

- Unknown Medicus m.2

Urriak Urruk

Urriak Urruk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 505 posts
  • Chapter Name: Wolf Brothers

Do we even know it has something to do with 40k? Could be AoS as well.

‚Äč"The multi-year deal will span numerous categories and include the most iconic Warhammer 40,000 characters and more. WizKids will create two new board games, along with dice games based in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, with additional plans to republish classic board games Fury of Dracula and Relic."

Doesn't mention AoS at all really. And of course Relic means this;

relic-box-art1.jpg

Overall I'm not too excited as I am painter first gamer second. If whatever games developed give the opportunity of using GW models as well (even if not sold together) that is more interesting.

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,121 posts
  • Chapter Name: Questoris Knights

Yikes, confidence, this does not provide.

Kastor Krieg

Kastor Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,876 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

We were told before there were graphics of "Aeronautica" in the wild, this can mean "Attack Wing: Imperial Guard" or similar.

This is a pure move towards the casuals and picking up some slack left by the broken FFG deal (Relic). There's nothing here for us, we're not the target base. Carry on.

Threefold Brush Studio
Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! (pick two msn-wink.gif). We ship our works worldwide.

psp20ZC.jpggallery_45765_12908_1745.png

+ SUFFER NOT THE TFG TO PLAY +
+ ABHOR THE WAAC, DESTROY THE WAAC +
+ UPHOLD THE HONOUR OF THE FAIR PLAY+
+ ACCEPT ANY PICKUP GAME, NO MATTER THE ODDS +

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,003 posts

Is the negativity here coming from the loss of FFG? (Regardless of who dropped whom.....) 

Or is it something else im not noticing/aware of? I always enjoyed heroclix, battletech, and now with NECA making a rather nice series of plastic DND figures for a very good price point I have a little bit of confidence in *something* good coming of it. 

The loss of FFG stings, I love those guys and they do some great work, but I wont let it cloud my judgement in regards to possible new products that could be slam dunks if done right.

• Qkhitai likes this

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,454 posts
  • Chapter Name: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

Is the negativity here coming from the loss of FFG? (Regardless of who dropped whom.....) 

Or is it something else im not noticing/aware of? I always enjoyed heroclix, battletech, and now with NECA making a rather nice series of plastic DND figures for a very good price point I have a little bit of confidence in *something* good coming of it. 

The loss of FFG stings, I love those guys and they do some great work, but I wont let it cloud my judgement in regards to possible new products that could be slam dunks if done right.

I think it is more miniature snobbery- that pre-painted stuff can be pretty low quality; I don't really care though.
Clix stuff is cheap, and has its uses. Bring it on, I say... I will happily cut it up for raw material.

• Sonoftherubric21 likes this

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pnggallery_63428_7083_8312.png

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,610 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades

I think it is more miniature snobbery- that pre-painted stuff can be pretty low quality; I don't really care though.
Clix stuff is cheap, and has its uses. Bring it on, I say... I will happily cut it up for raw material.

You know you need to take a break form the hobby when you start thinking of your nephew's legos as spare parts teehee.gif .

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users