Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help with 1500 point Death Guard list.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords
So here’s the meat and potatoes.
Mortarion470

Battalion
Typhus 175
Relic armour prince with axe 156
15 pox 90
15 pox 90
2xplasma bubotic axe fist death guard 138
Plague surgeon 65
2x plague spitter Bloat drones 316
Total is 1500 on the nose

My tactics for use will be to set Mortarion and the drones to hammer a flank while the rest of the army moves up and takes the midfield. The problem is it has no long range fire power and is kind of reliant on morty and the drones to do a lot of heavy lifting until typhus and the prince catches up.
Would it be better to swap the axe in the Guard unit and a drone for a twin las hellbrute?
This would give me some las Cannon action that can double fire if needed, as well as rerolls from the prince and no negative mods due to the legion traits.
I’m just not sure if the loss of the drone is worth it. They are a lot harder to take down than a dredd.
Any wisdom that can be thrown my way would be much appreciated.

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Have you considered equipping one or both drones with Heavy Blight launchers?  That will give you some good punch right there.

IMHO I would not bother with Bubotic axes on your PM squads.  I would recommend equipping the PM squads as fire squads vs/CC.  This will give you more flexibility, allow your PM squads to secure and hold objectives while the Poxwalkers and Typhus continue their advance.  Honestly between Typhus and your DP (not even mentioning Mortarion) you have enough CC heavies so I don't think you'll loose much.  Instead, you'll get two medium range fire support squads who can continue to address light targets as they come up.  BTW if you go with Plasma than I would dump the Power Fist for a 3rd Plasma Gun on your Champions.

I haven't tried the Plague surgeon yet, so I'm not sure how good he is, however as much of your army is footslogging it...have you considered a Noxious Blightbringer?

DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts

Have you considered equipping one or both drones with Heavy Blight launchers?  That will give you some good punch right there.

IMHO I would not bother with Bubotic axes on your PM squads.  I would recommend equipping the PM squads as fire squads vs/CC.  This will give you more flexibility, allow your PM squads to secure and hold objectives while the Poxwalkers and Typhus continue their advance.  Honestly between Typhus and your DP (not even mentioning Mortarion) you have enough CC heavies so I don't think you'll loose much.  Instead, you'll get two medium range fire support squads who can continue to address light targets as they come up.  BTW if you go with Plasma than I would dump the Power Fist for a 3rd Plasma Gun on your Champions.

I haven't tried the Plague surgeon yet, so I'm not sure how good he is, however as much of your army is footslogging it...have you considered a Noxious Blightbringer?

Thanks for the reply, Just to explain myself, I don’t think the blight bringer really brings anything for the points. Where as the surgeons buff works through multiple stages of the game.
The only other new character I’d swap him for is the Foul Blightspawn. An anti charge buff is very good.
The axe is there cos I had a spare 5points due to being 1 point shy of another death Guard if I lost the fist. And currently I don’t want to buy any more pox’s.
Is this list competitive enough at the points range?

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

So the Character thing is your preference of course, I still think you are missing some anti-armor weaponry.  Again, I would look at swapping out plague spitters for heavy blight launcher for more anti-Armor coverage.

Good luck in your tournament

DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts

So the Character thing is your preference of course, I still think you are missing some anti-armor weaponry.  Again, I would look at swapping out plague spitters for heavy blight launcher for more anti-Armor coverage.

Good luck in your tournament

Thanks dude

Is this a better list?
Mortarion

Typhus 175
Prince axe plate156
3xpox 180

Surgeon 65
Las brute 162
Drone 158

Jump Sorceror 128
Total 1495

DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
Or is this better?

Mortarion 470

Typhus
Prince
30 pox
10 cultists
Las dredd
2x bloat drones
1499 points total

It all boils down to whether a dredd and 10 cultists is better than a 5 man death Guard plasma fist unit and a surgeon?
What do you think?
  • Checkmate77 likes this

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

Like you last one DD,

How did your tournament go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users