Khafaeros Rising (Inq28-style swamp mutants)

brettfp

Khafaeros Rising

ylakN5A.jpg

This is just some things I've made, the basic idea is that a necromancer (would love some help with a more 40k term) is attempting to resurrect an ancient swamp lich (again, would love help with more appropriate term) called Khaffaeros. The idea of the lich and his minions is that they've been in a long sleep for millennia and have trees and fungus and moss etc growing out of them. I plan to at some point to re-write this in a more prose style.

I don't really know anyone local who plays Inq28, the guys at my local GW aren't hugely into major converting like I am, so I feel like they wouldn't really be up for a full on campaign. but I might expand this out enough to use in small games of 40k, probably using a Genestealer list

KuhRJyz.jpg
The necromancer, still need a name for him, I started making this guy a few months ago, but only just now got inspired to finish him. This is the only model of the 4 that wasn't entirely made form stuff i my bits box. He's been searching for Khaffaeros' tomb for some time. If i ever use these in a game he'd be a Magus.

wERXqxK.jpg
Ob and Vex, his familiar-servitors. these 2 were fun to make. I've always loved using the crypt ghoul kit, I'm actually almost out of bits from it, I might have to buy a new kit.

UNOngdG.jpg
This guy is one of the minions of Khaffaeros. He was the first one the Necromancer found and resurrected and has been helping him to find the tomb, working as a sort of bodyguard. I don't think I have a single model that has more kits in it than this one. there's a few different Ork bits, plaguuebearer, soul girnder, necron, ghouls. the head is base debris from kromlech. the right arm alone has zombie, flagellant, catachan, ghoul, ork and Great unclean one bits. I would run this guy as an Abherrant 

As you can probably tell this is heavily inspired by The Green Mechanicvm and as such I was considering putting it in the Iron Sleet Invitational II, but after reading it more, these aren't really your 'average humans'. plus I'll never get stuff written up by the end of the month as I'm getting married next week so I'm gonna be pretty busy

Any suggestions for names or general feedback would be greatly appreciated :smile.:

P.S. can anyone tell me how to do the ae joined together thing, I can do it in microsoft word but it doesn't work on the forums 

I think I saw this last night but was too tired to comment, sorry!

I love these minis, so much character. Ob and vex would make great sidekicks if pixar made a 40k movie hehe.

One nitpick, Bob the necromancer's pistol hand looks a bit unnatural pose-wise. But then again, maybe a necromancer should be a bit unnatural