Hopes on "chapter approved"

Medjugorje

Hi Brothers,

Are there any hope, any things you want to see or getting changed in "chapter approved"?

I have a list:

- some special for crusader squads (like +1 attack if squad > 10)

- some new stratagems makes close combat better ( no matter if its just for black templar or for all fractions)

- some new rules to end the shooting - domination over close combat

- point reduction for weapon-options that given to models with just 1 attack

- a change of our chapter tactic ( additional rule )

- change the character rule a litte bit

- change "smite"

- a rule that avoid too strong first round damage

- change point cost of Castellan robots and brimstones

The return of Templar Vows as purchasable upgrades for HQs that give them new aura abilities.

Points reduction for neophytes

A second part to our chapter tactic.

For allegiance traits to be re-examined and either have all traits (with a few exceptions) affect all units or just infantry and similar models.

Some way of increasing attack output.

A new Imperial Fist relic. I mean I get it can target characters but who wants to hunt characters with a pistol.

Either a rule of one for smite or accessible psyker defense for Templars, Necrons, and Tau.

Edited by templar36

A second part to our chapter tactic.

Either a rule of one for smite or accessible psyker defense for Templars, Nevrons, and Tau.

These would be nice, and really the psyker defense could be the other part of the Chapter Tactic, like maybe Black Templars Characters' zeal is so great that they can deny the witch like a Psyker, or something. I don't really play outside my own group of friends and their armies are never that bad. Sometimes they can get a little spammy, but never to the degree that I see on the internet. Was it at the Nova Open where everyone seemed to have at least a dozen Primaris Psykers or Malefic Lords? That's ridiculous! Making Smite only available to cast once per turn would put an end to that. I'm a little surprised that GW let that slide. After all, in Age of Sigmar, no spells can be cast more than once per turn. I don't see why it should be otherwise in 40K.

I'm curious though, why do you think Neophytes should come down in price? They cost the same as a Scout, that seems fair to me.

Because scouts can forward deploy. Neophytes can’t. We’re basically paying a higher price without the key rule that makes scouts scouts. As for the psykers I’m not sure what event it was. I was thinking something similar like all Templar units can attempt to deny any psychic powers that target them on a D6 roll of 5+. That would give solid smite defense while allowing enemies to still use other psychic powers mostly unmolested. I’d I’ll understand if they don’t change our tactics though. That’s where the vows come in, they offer an easy and fluffy way to introduce new rules without redoing existing rules. And they can have assigned point values so no one complains about us getting free buffs.

What makes you think CA would change unit profiles ? That seems very unlikely.

It is but it seems ridiculous we have to pain the same for a weaker profile than regular scouts. They changed point values from the codex to the index and I feel like it would be an easy enough FAQ.

I'm curious though, why do you think Neophytes should come down in price? They cost the same as a Scout, that seems fair to me.

in no way. Scouts have more options in deployment.. Very important against Obliterator-Spam.

Neophytes are just 2 point cheaper marines with different saving throw ( i never take them).

What makes you think CA would change unit profiles ? That seems very unlikely.

hope is the last thing that dies.

some of you have to post that on facebook. I do that all the time.

I’ve already mentioned neophyte points, lack of psyker defense (for us, Tau, and Necrons), and our lackluster close combat capabilities on facebook and received a fair response so I’m hopeful.

Oh and Ciler sorry, I forgot I also considered changing profile stats. That’s where aura abilities come in though. They offer a great way to change unit stats without completely rewriting unit profiles, although you’re right to doubt any new buff options but I a man can dream.

Here’s GW’s response to my question on neo prices, psyker defense, and close combat weaknesses in marines:

“Now those are some good questions. We can’t give official answers here as we are not the rules team, but you can be sure that we’ll pass them on to the studio to see if they can be included in a future FAQ.”

Edited by templar36

Im happy witth Templars this edition so Im not really hoping anything specific for them beyond getting our Vows back but the return of Vehicle Design Rules does make me wonder if they will sell weapon sprues or maybe one kit full of weapons or something and I hope they do something like that.