Celestine tips and tricks?

tychobi

Hello!

Fairly new around here and was wondering if I could get some feedback on how you use our Living Saint? I am looking for some shenanagins to shock my buddy in a basement game that he has been splattering my sister/inquisitor army with chaos over and over.  Just picked up this beautiful model and realized I don't really know how to use her!

Weigh the value of faith-healing her rather than taking an extra round of attacks. If she is below full wounds everything is allocated to her rather than the meatshields.

Remember that she can just leave combat before the start of the turn with faith and can get about the board very quickly. AFAIK bailing out of a combat with the faith move doesn't prevent her charging later on in the same turn.

Also consider the option to just have her fight her way out of close combat with an AoF to be free to move again during the move phase, charge and fight again.  I like her with the second Geminae.  Too many mortal wounds lurking out there in my Meta.  Mortarion stomps her flat easily.  Against the light stuff I will let them plink away at the Geminae, then look forward to her causing trouble until she's dead.  That saved CP for the re-roll will help make sure she shows back up somewhere on the table.  Geminae will keep her from doing that where you want her too if they are still alive. 

You are losing points on her if your opponent targets your army rather than her, so play her in a way that forces them to deal with her or pay the price for not doing so.  Don't just throw her in anywhere, she is only T3. 

I love to have her AoF up turn one alongside my Dom/Repressor rush to flame some infantry and charge into a tank.  She rarely kills it in that first turn, but if they don't back up the tank in their turn she will almost surely do so during my AoF phase turn two.  If they do back it up, she's free to go where your Doms haven't already wrecked everything.  Great model on the table, and unfortunately is getting the OP label because she can be run outside of a Sisters army.  Hopefully she survives CA or the Dex update (if...) without getting beaten with the ugly stick too many times.

Until she goes fown the furst time, allocate wounds to her geminae. She'll bring one back every turn.

After she goes down the first time and she comes back. Apply wounds recieved to herself and save the geminae. By doing this, if she goes down, the geminae can AoF her back to life (if they themselves arent already injured).

Until she goes fown the furst time, allocate wounds to her geminae. She'll bring one back every turn.

After she goes down the first time and she comes back. Apply wounds recieved to herself and save the geminae. By doing this, if she goes down, the geminae can AoF her back to life (if they themselves arent already injured).

That cannot happen. If Celestine dies and she does not come back (either by failing the 2+ Miraculous Intervention roll or by having died the second time), any Geminae still on the table are immediately removed. Therefore there will not be any Geminae on the table when the next Acts of Faith become available.

That cannot happen. If Celestine dies and she does not come back (either by failing the 2+ Miraculous Intervention roll or by having died the second time), any Geminae still on the table are immediately removed. Therefore there will not be any Geminae on the table when the next Acts of Faith become available.

Unless there's an FAQ, the Geminae only disappear if you roll a one, since they are needed elsewhere along with the Saint herself.

Weigh the value of faith-healing her rather than taking an extra round of attacks. If she is below full wounds everything is allocated to her rather than the meatshields.

Remember that she can just leave combat before the start of the turn with faith and can get about the board very quickly. AFAIK bailing out of a combat with the faith move doesn't prevent her charging later on in the same turn.

Falling Back with your Act of Faith DOES prevent you charging, as Falling Back prevents you charging for the turn, regardless of when it happens. Same for Advancing.

Falling Back with your Act of Faith DOES prevent you charging, as Falling Back prevents you charging for the turn, regardless of when it happens. Same for Advancing.

This actually came up on the 40k facebook page more than a month back, and it was stated that as the sisters were not 'starting their movement phase within 1" of an enemy' (as the movement phase hadn't started) they were not bound by that restriction.

Of course the facebook page is far from official, it's not in the faq, the post is long vanished, and they may have changed their minds by now anyway...

Retreat is turn long i believe.

This actually came up on the 40k facebook page more than a month back, and it was stated that as the sisters were not 'starting their movement phase within 1" of an enemy' (as the movement phase hadn't started) they were not bound by that restriction.

Of course the facebook page is far from official, it's not in the faq, the post is long vanished, and they may have changed their minds by now anyway...

That's a VERY strange interpretation, given that the restriction on shooting, Advancing and charging is on whether a unit Falls Back or not, not whether it Fell Back in its movement phase. That suggests that you actually can't fall back with an AoF move, because you don't begin "the Movement phase within 1" of an enemy unit".

That's a VERY strange interpretation, given that the restriction on shooting, Advancing and charging is on whether a unit Falls Back or not, not whether it Fell Back in its movement phase. That suggests that you actually can't fall back with an AoF move, because you don't begin "the Movement phase within 1" of an enemy unit".

The bold part of your sentence is essentially what the facebook post implied. The sisters couldn't fall back because the movement phase hadn't started. However they could simply move away ignoring the fact that enemy units were within 1" because - the movement phase hadn't started.

But again this was only the customer support people.

Just on the ability of the Geminae, then Celestine to die, Celestine to resurrect via AoF, Celestine dies again while leaving a Geminae alive; then having a Geminae bring Celestine back via AoF... that is so greasy but appears legit. Does anyone know if the wording has been FAQ'd?

And, follow up question. If Celestine were to be returned to the board this way, would she then be able to grant another AoF to a unit within 6"? As it would still technically be the beginning of the turn?

Never even thought of using the AoF to bring her back and leave a Geminae alive. Gives a lot more reason to run both Geminae...

As far as I know, a Geminae can Faith her back.  Celestine can then Faith up her health, and then use her tears to bring back the other geminae.  I think....don't quote me on it, but it sounds awesomely cheesy, and its sisters, so it can't be right, surely?

Just on the ability of the Geminae, then Celestine to die, Celestine to resurrect via AoF, Celestine dies again while leaving a Geminae alive; then having a Geminae bring Celestine back via AoF... that is so greasy but appears legit. Does anyone know if the wording has been FAQ'd?

Nothing that i've seen.

It also applies to any other unit-style characters (like Aun'Va and his bodyguards) combined with any form of unit return (like hospitallers, apothecaries, etc)

As far as I know, a Geminae can Faith her back. Celestine can then Faith up her health, and then use her tears to bring back the other geminae. I think....don't quote me on it, but it sounds awesomely cheesy, and its sisters, so it can't be right, surely?

Celestine would not be able to faith up her health as the unit would have already used an act of faith that turn.

She could bring back the other geminae though as that occurs at the beginning of the move phase.

So gross...but also so awesome haha

Thanks everybody; very informative.  I have found that 1 Geminae is my fave load out at the moment.  With her res she is a true cruise missile and I have found performs very well supported by an assassin or two for all sorts of 1st round charge shenanagins.  Multiple characters in the front of the enemy seems to up her survival rate hugely as well. 

Side note Chaos bikers were beaten for a sisters win last sunday! WOOOT!