Richard Boylan talk - Helsreach Animation Creator

I managed to get hold of Richard Boylan the guy behind the Helsreach series, we talked about everything surrounding his Animation and his work life which led him into this. Also, he showed off some exclusive footage for the next episode.  If this is in the wrong place or brakes any rules then please remove it, didn't mean to cause any fuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=854BQJDavzU

Holy :censored: I had only seen the prologue, didn't realize there were two more episodes. Simply outstanding.

There's 8 episodes besides the prologue that's out there at this point, and I'm glad that the next one will out soon.  Now we just need to gently prod the other chap to come out with the next episode of his fan series, because I'm sure we all would like to know what silliness Magnus and his "loyal" companion finds themselves in....

Holy :cuss I had only seen the prologue, didn't realize there were two more episodes. Simply outstanding.

There's 8 episodes besides the prologue that's out there at this point, and I'm glad that the next one will out soon.  Now we just need to gently prod the other chap to come out with the next episode of his fan series, because I'm sure we all would like to know what silliness Magnus and his "loyal" companion finds themselves in....

A new episode just went up, something about a bunch of brothers and a cat-man on a road trip :D

Holy :censored: I had only seen the prologue, didn't realize there were two more episodes. Simply outstanding.

A new episode just went up, something about a bunch of brothers and a cat-man on a road trip :biggrin.:

You're confusing Boyland with Alfabusa.

Heh, I knew I shoulda edited it down, I was responding to the second part of the comment, the bit about "the other chap and the adventures of Magnus and Companion".  But actually talking about the Helsreach videos, I showed it to a buddy who isn't into 40K and from that he decided to go buy some Marines and the Index when 8th launched.

Heh, I knew I shoulda edited it down, I was responding to the second part of the comment, the bit about "the other chap and the adventures of Magnus and Companion".  But actually talking about the Helsreach videos, I showed it to a buddy who isn't into 40K and from that he decided to go buy some Marines and the Index when 8th launched.

Happened to me as well, shown a friend who's never been into 40k and he went and bought the Dark Imperium boxset, good stuff. I wish GW would make this kind of content with people like him who are fans, it really would bring more people into the hobby.

makes me wish he'd stayed with B&W, a lot of it's impact seems lost with the faded colour palette

Agreed. Binged all 8 episodes at lunch. The rough approach in the B&W palette fit the setting perfectly IMO.

Still impressed regardless, though I'm not sure I can wrap my head around ol'Grim sounding like Bagheera from Jungle Book.