Effective use of nurgle daemons

Trollbeard

Hey guys, I've got a battle coming up and I'm planning on using nurgle daemons. It's going to be a 2000 point match. I'm wondering what have you guys found to be pretty effective in 8th so far? I haven't been able to play many games with my daemons yet so would like to hear your opinions.

I've found that a 30 man blob of plaguebearers can be really difficult to shift and can draw a lot of fire from the opposing army.

I'm planning on running a brigade detachment filling the troops out with a single 30 man blob of PB and the rest of the troops will be MSU nurglings.

What are the best HQ choices? I've got a herald in there and a DP w/ wings and I'm wanting to try out corbax utterblight, just cause I love the model haha.

So just curious as to what has been effective for

Some of you guys as well?

Up front: No idea about FW stuff

- Great Unclean ones are very useful for the Ld10 Aura alone, they also can cast twice

- DP are a good support HQ, but if I had to choose, the GUC would win. Nurgle Daemons do not have the speed to support the DP

- Herald is a must, as its a good primary summoner, supporter and aura hog. Do not bank on it to do much killing.

- you want a size 25+ PB squad and full command

- you also want one or two size 10+ PB squads with instrument

- Nurglings are good, but you basically hand over the first blood VP

- Beasts of Nurgle are great as solo unit to hunt for tanks (not killing them, just hugging them out of combat)

- Plague Drones can be good, but try to keep them out of the thickest fighting

- You will have problems with armour saves, terminators in particular can be a problem. Try to smite these to death

- reserve some points for summoning. I would say 200-400 points are very useful

- I have no experience with gargoyls and the Soul grinder

You can also use the Death Guard daemon engines (which are Nurgle Daemons) like Plagueburst Crawlers, bloat drones and Blight haulers which all add some much needed punch to a Nurgle Daemon force

Or daemon engines in general. (at least those that can get the MoN) Also Possessed, Warp Talons, Obliterators and Mutilators are an option (until the Codex Daemons comes out)