[Shapeways] The Reliquary Store | TWIN RIFLES, MORE PADS AND (POSABLE) MAEDIC GAUNTLETS

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's a tool not a weapon. You fight with it as much as you'd fight with aa lumberjack axe. Read: Only when the proper weapon version isn't around. ^^

Any tool can be a weapon or vice versa, friendo.

xEaMz3m.gif

It's a tool not a weapon. You fight with it as much as you'd fight with aa lumberjack axe. Read: Only when the proper weapon version isn't around. ^^

There have been a number of square tipped swords throughout history that weren't exclusively executioner swords. Mostly from India and China, like the dha, dao, kachin dao, khanda, etc, but the katzbalger from mercenary Landsknecht groups in Europe during the Renaissance frequently had a blunt or squared tip.  The thing is, these were designed to be slashing and chopping weapons with a heavy tip to lend more momentum to the swing. 

In a sci-fantasy setting where space magic runs rampant and weapons of many types can have a disruption field that breaks matter apart at a molecular level, does it really matter what shape it is?

Any tool can be a weapon or vice versa, friendo.

xEaMz3m.gif

There have been a number of square tipped swords throughout history that weren't exclusively executioner swords. Mostly from India and China, like the dha, dao, kachin dao, khanda, etc, but the katzbalger from mercenary Landsknecht groups in Europe during the Renaissance frequently had a blunt or squared tip.  The thing is, these were designed to be slashing and chopping weapons with a heavy tip to lend more momentum to the swing. 

In a sci-fantasy setting where space magic runs rampant and weapons of many types can have a disruption field that breaks matter apart at a molecular level, does it really matter what shape it is?

Of course, but I was specifically talking about an executioner sword. Many sci-fi swords are shaped like this because it looks special. ^^

I could really picture HH Iron Hands using these swords when they cannot just blow their enemies to bits or crush them under the threads of their tanks (I think in some novels they are described as using claymore equivalents, but I like the image of a giant, pissed, black-armoured demi-robotic superhuman cleaving, slashing and hacking at his enemies with a stylized meat cleaver :D).

• 4 weeks later...
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Shapeways has recently changed the pricing for its printing, raising it: infact you've probably noticed that latest products are more expencive. But from the 1st of Febuary this pricing system will be extended to the old products too, so consider that if you're planning an order.

PS: This concerns all Shapeways' shops, not only mine.

Explains why some new shops can't compete with the prices of already existing shops on shapeways but it seems that's going to change as well if I understand this right.