Ancient drum feed bolt pistol (revolver)

slitth

Rather than a 20mm cannon round, I really figure bolt rounds as, at maximum, closer to 25mm grenades for the XM25 or the grenades from the XM307 family.

Although to be honest my headcanon says they're essentially a straight-walled, rimless case with a rocket-propelled 12.7mm Raufoss round.  Overall length around that of a 3" 12ga shell. 

But, anywho, I digress.  Sorry for the thread drift.

After that last comment, I think we needed a little thread drift.  ;)

Now, how about those conversions already!  Anyone got any suggestions for making, or know of a good option from a third party manufacturer?   I really like this idea of slitth's, and I'm considering modeling one on the hip of my Canoness, or in the hand of a Serephim Superior, if I can find an option I like the looks of.   Slitth-Pattern Bolt Pistol has a nice ring to it, I think.  :)

So, suggestions on modeling, anyone? 

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4RG2YJFED/revolver-pistol-weapons-pack?optionId=17617993

Pretty plain but if it's disproportionately large it could pull the Hellboy revolver style.

Could use the Horrorclix Hellboy revolver also. I think you could model one up pretty decently converted from scratch.

Some human out there must have some space cowboy conversion skills. Please tell me a model like this exists!

Edit: AV98 Patlabor 1/48 Scale model may work. I don't know how big it actually is but it'd be cool.

Edited by Zodd1888

Come on!!....How realistic or practical is ANYTHING in the 40k universe? Take that marvelous beast, the Land Raider. Modeled after the British WW I Mk I-IX tanks. Absolutely no ground clearance, no turret, no large caliber central gun (mostly). I've got a company's worth of these guys, because they are beastly cool. So how much of a stretch is a revolver with bolt rounds. Like almost everything 40k, it's cool, so I want one! Yeah, its low capacity.... I want one!.... It's bulky and impractical in almost every way!.... It's a cool idea, so I want one:biggrin.: 

Slitth-Pattern Bolt Pistol has a nice ring to it, I think.  :smile.:

I think its designated as the Westwood-Pattern Bolt Pistol by the Mechanicum.

Name after the Terran Tech-priests Clint Westwood, who produced the famous Walker Clint, SAA and Clint Boa pattern pistol.

But most probably think "Filly" Harry Westwood, son of Clint Westwood and and well documented pre-unification Arbitrator.

How exclusively made use of his father's weapons, because of their power and stability.

The Westwood-Pattern Bolt Pistol is worthy of carrying the Westwood name.

Is was often used by officers during the unification wars because the gentle machine spirit would accept bolts of substandard quality.

And it was expected that an officer should be more than able to slay an opponent with less than 6 bolts.

Some version of the Westwood-Pattern Bolt Pistol was found on Caliban when the sentiment was echoed.

A true and noble knight only need 6 good shots to slay any beast.

It was also use in limited numbers in the beginning of the great crusade, but was later replace with other patterns.

The last legion to use it was the World Eaters, how favoured the Westwood-Pattern Bolt Pistol because it was sturdy enough to be used as a improvised weapon.

It was not uncommon to see spike at the bottom of the grip of a World Eaters Westwood

Edited by slitth

You know, there's further precedent for the knightly orders of Caliban to use revolver-style weapons, if we again extrapolate from real-world firearms technology and applications.

Most of the most powerful handgun cartridges, the kind used for hunting big game, are fired from revolvers. That's because automatics that can actually handle those kinds of loads tend to be impractical, from both shooting and manufacturing standpoints.

If the orders of Caliban need to be hunting the beasts of that particular death world with bolt pistol variants, they're probably packing the biggest, meanest rounds they can. It'd be like somebody hunting a wild boar with a handgun; you probably want the .454 Casull instead of the 9mm Parabellum.

It's easier to design and build relatively simple revolver frames for the crazy oversized pistol cartridges.

The is also a drum feed bolter in the Sternguard Veteran Squad.

Complete with sniper scope and strap.

On another note.

I would expect a Westwood-Pattern Bolt Pistol to be loaded with special issue ammunition.

Just think of a Canoness wielding a Westwood loaded with 6 Dragonfire Shells.

It would be a fitting ammunition choice when cleansing the Imperium of heretics.

"I know what you're thinking heretic. You're thinking did she fire six shots or only five. And to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement.

But being this is a Westwood-Pattern Bolt Pistol, the most powerful handgun in the Imperium of man and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question.

Do I feel lucky?

Well do you, heretic?"

InAction named his bolt revolvers (chambered for heavy bolter rounds) the Ingram pattern, in the Star Wardens IA. You can reload a revolver as quickly as you can a semiautomatic pistol by using moon clips. Such a revolver CAN be built- see
of the world's largest revolver, a Remington Model 1858 (misidentified as a "Model 1859") scaled up to fire 28mm bullets- but they're obviously not for non-augmented humans. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker