Is anyone else looking forward to the Astraeus Grav Tank?

Ishagu

I'm super hyped for this model, but I'm just praying it isn't prohibitively points Heavy in the game.

I love the Primaris models and want to run them ahead of old Marines, and if this Tank is the better part of a thousand points it just makes it more difficult.

The rules hints state the two Cannons will provide a total of 24 shots with -2 rend and 3 damage. Expecting the Str to be 8-10. Let's hope the tank is in the 550pt range!

I'm excited, I like the look of it, and besides a Knight Lancer I don't have any particularly huge models! Though I'm expecting it to be expensive, and I've already got a mountain of plastic crack to assemble and paint before I can justify buying it :P

I am keeping my Primaris and old marines completely separate so it will be a great addition to have a heavy vehicle, especially considering I don't like the look of the repulsor, so I won't buy one :)

Any idea when they will release Astraeus? I recall the article said 'Won't have to wait long' but I would love to see the rules sooner rather than later...

You can count on it being points-heavy.  A Repulsor is around 360, so you can bet this would be around 500 and a Lord of War.

Personally, I might buy one if it was a plastic kit on store shelves and priced appropriately, but I'm not about to order resin from overseas and pay what I know it'll cost.

I want one, but I guess this thing will be far away from 550 points. Let's see what we know:

2x Macro Plasma Incenerator = 62 points

1x Twin Lascannon = 50 points

2x Cannon (12 shots, AP-2, 3 Damage) = These will clock in at minimum 100 points each, probably closer to 150.

That's 312-412 points for the weapons alone. The repulsor chassis is 210 points. This tank has an invulnerable save and as a super-heavy, more wounds and possibly T9. I seriously doubt the chassis will be less than 350 points.

So i guess we are looking at something between 700 and 800 points including weapons, possibly even more.

I predict it will be 550 max.

A Shadowsword with 4 Lascannons and 5 Twin Heavy Bolters is only 540 and it's a bigger model

I think you are forgetting about the defensive, agressive defensive systems this thing has Void shields + Repulsor fields.

Ishagu, you haven't learned how FW prices things compared to GW? It will be extremely over pointed compared to actual effectiveness. Look at the guard super heavies vs their FW counterparts or simple Leman Russes vs the much less effective even pre-FAQ Malcadors. I expect 7-800 at a minimum. Less and I will be pleasantly surprised. Got too much on my plate right now to worry about it so hopefully by the time I get around to picking one up it will have gone through an FAQ or two to get the points in the right ball park.

Some of the FW tanks are great. The Macharius Vulcan for example.

On the Marines side stuff like the Scorpius is excellent as are the Hellforged/Relic Predators and Contemptors.

I think FW will price it right. Void Shield rules on vehicles aren't particularly good. Basically an invul with degrading profile.

I can't wait for it but honestly i can't see myself using it soon, also i'm waiting on the price in £ if you around a mastodon, i can maybe negociate but more than that will be difficult.

I really like it for some reason.

Anamnesis

I predict it will be 550 max.

A Shadowsword with 4 Lascannons and 5 Twin Heavy Bolters is only 540 and it's a bigger model

A Typhon is 520 points baseline without sponsons or a pintle-mounted weapon, 570 with a pair of Lascannons and nigh 600 with a pintle Multimelta.

As Nalim has pointed out above, the Astraeus appears to be packing 100+ points of weapons beyond its Macro-Accelerator Cannons and could easily incur extra costs from its Void Shields and Enhanced Repulsor Field, so unless you're expecting its main gun(s) to be markedly inferior to the Dreadhammer or its resiliency to fall below the non-Spartan LoWs (i.e. Toughness 8 or a 3+ save) then I really can't imagine how you can expect the Astraeus to cost less a Typhon with two Lascannons. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it in the 700+ point range like the Fellblade if its main gun(s) do indeed turn out to put out a combined 24 shots per turn. It'll basically be packing two Fellblade Accelerator Cannons that always put out the maximum number of shots (but can only fire HE Shells) if the Macro-Accelerator Cannons turn out to be Strength 8 or higher.

Don't know if you guys saw my other topic.

The price for the tank is £220 and $363 respectively.

Basically an auto buy for me now unless the rules suck! I still want my models to have a use on the table lol

Don't know if you guys saw my other topic.

The price for the tank is £220 and $363 respectively.

Basically an auto buy for me now unless the rules suck! I still want my models to have a use on the table lol

220 pounds is between Mastodon and Fellblade - kinda where I exptected it (although I have to admit that I hoped for a 200 pound price tag). It's a a price point where I seriously consider a purchase, but only if it is viable in a competetive environment. If it is even more fragile per point than a repulsor I'll pass most likely - Primaris troops are already glass cannon-y enough.

Archived