Is anyone else looking forward to the Astraeus Grav Tank?

Ishagu

price is good enough to be worth looking to get as a planned reward for actually painting stuff (need to actually get on with that...)

rules seem a little lackluster though? for the points it has a pretty small amount of firepower and isn't all that survivable either (half again as touch as a repulsor)

Its got a 2+ save with void shields. As I understand it, the 2+ cant be modified and works against smite? Sounds very survivable.

Will make Alaitoc players cry. Guns are ok, not enough in my opinion for the price but definitely usable in the future for me.

No. Void Shield is basically an invulnerable save that works against MW. So you need to decide whether you take Void Shield save or armour save. Not both.

Overpriced and not very useful, if you ask me. The main gun is decent enough against Primarchs and Knights, but is very overkill against T7 tanks, which are the most common ones. It is reliable, but you are better off taking Guilliman and/or multiple tanks. Even two Repulsors might be superior. It is fun, but not competitive. Still, it will wreck mid and low tier armies.

Its got a 2+ save with void shields. As I understand it, the 2+ cant be modified and works against smite? Sounds very survivable.

Will make Alaitoc players cry. Guns are ok, not enough in my opinion for the price but definitely usable in the future for me.

Void Sheild save is in the defradation table. 5+ at best and goes down to 7+

I'd love one, and maybe in future grab one (once i assemble and paint the 200 models i have.... if ever...) to be honest for the cost it is a touch underwhelming, like the void shield could use a +1 to its current stats, I like that it degrades though, makes it not ultra powerful.

• 5 months later...

Bit of thread resurrection here... Wondering if anyone ended up grabbing and using the Super Heavy and how they found it? Was the kit a pain to assemble and required a lot of extra work to get together? I'm looking at picking one up in a short while once I've done a touch more saving :) also Tabletop wise?

Archived