Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k w/Typhus and Levi

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,214 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [88 PL, 1654pts] ++

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: Malefic talon, Miasma of Pestilence, The Suppurating Plate, Wings

Typhus [9 PL, 175pts]: Miasma of Pestilence, Putrescent Vitality

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [10 PL, 162pts]
. Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plaguesword
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

Plague Marines [10 PL, 162pts]
. Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plaguesword
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 84pts]: 14x Poxwalker

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 84pts]: 14x Poxwalker

+ Elites +

Helbrute [7 PL, 165pts]: Power scourge, Twin lascannon

Helbrute [7 PL, 165pts]: Power scourge, Twin lascannon

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 159pts]: Heavy blight launcher, Plague probe

++ Auxiliary Support Detachment -1CP (Chaos - FW Heretic Astartes) [16 PL, 346pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 346pts]: Grav-flux bombard, 2x Hellflamer
. Hellforged siege claw: Meltagun

++ Total: [104 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

You have enough anti vehicle to take down anything they throw at you. Your anti vehicle is more than capable of handling itself in CC as well. You have three bloat drones to truly harass and annoy your opponent.

In addition, you get some fluff: two PM squads of 7 guys and two Poxwalkers of 14, Nurgle's number x 2.  It comes out to 2k points exactly.

• Plaguecaster and Adamofthefranks like this
40kDGBanner

wulfgar hammerfist

wulfgar hammerfist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,254 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum
Looks pretty well balanced. I really like the leviathan dread. It puts out a ton of pain.
  • Bulwyf likes this

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpgETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,115 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Why not put the Leviathan in the main detachment and give it deathguard traits? Its legal as a Death Guard unit because it has the <mark of chaos> keyword which it can swap out for Nurgle., its only hellforged rapier batteries and hellwrights who are banned according to the FAQ.

Unless you want to make it Alpha Legion or something, but you'd have to state that on your army list.

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,990 posts
^^
It's probably more due to how battlescribe doesn't let you have Forgeworld units in a Death Guard dettachment for some stupid reason so if you want to add any in you have to add a seperate dettachment I doubt It would be added as auxiliary choice which losses him a CP

Looks like a pretty deadly list though id probably change at least one of the Drones heavy Blight launcher for Plaguespitters as thwy are amazing for deleting small squads (or causing some good casualties in larger ones) with it since it auto hits and you seem to have ample ranged firepower in the rear of the force to deal with vehicles as it is

What do you plan on Typhus doing??? Is he just there for the Poxwalkers buff

Edited by Plaguecaster, 29 October 2017 - 04:17 AM.

• Bulwyf likes this
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,214 posts

^^
It's probably more due to how battlescribe doesn't let you have Forgeworld units in a Death Guard dettachment for some stupid reason so if you want to add any in you have to add a seperate dettachment I doubt It would be added as auxiliary choice which losses him a CP

Looks like a pretty deadly list though id probably change at least one of the Drones heavy Blight launcher for Plaguespitters as thwy are amazing for deleting small squads (or causing some good casualties in larger ones) with it since it auto hits and you seem to have ample ranged firepower in the rear of the force to deal with vehicles as it is

What do you plan on Typhus doing??? Is he just there for the Poxwalkers buff

This is exactly correct. I only have it listed as a separate detachment because BS gives you no options to put FW models in a regular detachment. You don't really lose the CP. It is only showing that because of BS limitations.

Typhus is going to walk the poxwalkers and PM with him. I like moving them in one big clump and letting the PX eat up some bolt spam.

• Plaguecaster likes this
40kDGBanner

philsminions

philsminions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 299 posts
I like it....has me going over different possibilities in my head right now. The Leviathan is a beast and now benefits from the Helbrute key word (thank you FW FAQ). I’d be tempted to drop either a Helbrute or Drone to give the marines some wheels to get them on objectives faster. A lot of folks are finding that one unit of 20 Poxies bubble wrapped with a cheap unit of Cultists can work wonders when paired with Typhus and Strategems. Walk them up the field with Leviathan support; flanked by marines in rhinos on one side and the two drones with DP on the other. Hellbrutes are stationary fire bases used in conjunction with Strategems as well for those tasty double shots. Lots of stuff for you opponent to worry about.
  • Bulwyf likes this
-Brother Phil

"Delight in swords and fists red with alien blood, and the dire ruin of savage battle."

xDefiantx

xDefiantx

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
Ofc you can add the dreadnought to the DG detatchment, BS does not prevent this.

When you add the primary detatchment, simply go to add another detatchment, and select the primary detatchment as the parent rather than the main list then select the FW Heretic Astartes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users