8th edition wish list

Triszin

My wish list:

Leman Russ Exterminator

Something were it is more advantageous to take wolf guard pack leaders. More buffs.

Point decrease for Terminators. Even if it is slight, i love terminators and i appreciate they now have 2 wounds but i still find them too weak.

Attack Bike for GH or WG (BC WS is useless for a heavy weapon after moving)

More options for wolves, like use them to take wounds.

Personally i dont like thunder wolf cavalry so im not too bothered about these units.

Make wolf scouts useful again.

Really happy with how Bjorn is currently and Iron priests.

Love bikes especially with the WG IP and RP

Love the aura effects of characters.

I expect our codex to roll out when we get 40k Leman Russ as a returning primarch.

I am hoping the odds of this are good. Based on the 3 examples we have so far, it looks like GW are doing a Chaos Primarch in the Autumn and a Loyalist one in the Spring. We know BAs and DAs are coming in December which would not fit that pattern (plus there have been no teasers to suggest Johnson or Sanguinius are incoming).

My guess is GW will use the start of 2018 to pump out a few more Xenos Codices and Russ will arrive with the SW codex in tow in March/April.

Then again, if my crystal ball were accurate it would at least have the decency to give me next week's lottery numbers so that I would stand a chance of being able to afford all that plastic. :biggrin.:

couple of things would be nice

Bjorn getting an Invul save even if was just for shooting like the imp knights

WG battle leaders getting primaris armour option would be good

Wulfen to be able to go in drop pods

If taking Herald to be able to also deploy thunder cav and ferisan wolves with him behind enemy lines.

Wolf guard guys getting primaris armour options only issue would be getting them in the fight if ss/th equipped

Wolf scouts:

Behind enemy lines

-access to wolfguard equipment

-traps-

-once per game the squad of scouts may trap a target terrain with 6".

It causes d3 mortals wounds to the first enemy units crossing that terrain

Actual rules for the 13th great company

-access to 30k equipment and 40k equipment

Protecting Bjorn from shooting is rarely a problem in my experience. It is CC where he can be singled out. While pretty devastating in melee, he can take a pounding if charged by a dangerous opponent.

It bothers me that we are going to be one of, if not the, last codex to come out for 8th.

I've said this in the Tau and other sub sections

It's a good thing. 

The longer the Dex takes to come out, and if it is not a multi codex month means that we are more than likely getting things.

Wolves were an easy guess for one of the last dexs as we just got, with the Tsons one of the last codexs of 8th.

others needed the dexs before us.

Our Index list is better than many (although not on the level with the new Codex releases) but at least we are still playable, even if not top tier. More importantly, several of our classic units like Grey Hunters and Long Fangs are solid which means we can build effective lists without relying on gimmicks.

If our wait means we get a well balanced codex then all is well. If it means we get our Primarch back for the Wolftime next spring.....

Great!

Protecting Bjorn from shooting is rarely a problem in my experience. It is CC where he can be singled out. While pretty devastating in melee, he can take a pounding if charged by a dangerous opponent.

I was looking at the space wolves codex and i was thinking that if GW did do company tactics, then i would think that the tactics of the CoF would have something like this...

If the a detachment belongs to the CoF, all wolf guard and wolf guard terminators count as troops excluding thunderwolf cavalry, additionally all wolf guard units have the Kingsguard rule. 

Kingsguard: units with the wolf guard keyword can intercept incoming wounds that are directed toward characters in the detachment.

I was looking at the space wolves codex and i was thinking that if GW did do company tactics, then i would think that the tactics of the CoF would have something like this...

If the a detachment belongs to the CoF, all wolf guard and wolf guard terminators count as troops excluding thunderwolf cavalry, additionally all wolf guard units have the Kingsguard rule. 

Kingsguard: units with the wolf guard keyword can intercept incoming wounds that are directed toward characters in the detachment.

I like that, perhaps they could also add +1 to hit when targeting Characters within 1".

Rumor on the street says DA are getting a few "Wing Tactics. Supposedly Dark Angel, Ravenwing, Deathwing, and Unforgiven. Take it with salt though.

There was a theory SWs won't get any company Tactics because Russ will come and rally the SWs under a single banner. Again more salt.

With lack of anything pointing to Lion coming back, I remain hopeful Russ is coming.

I'd love for Saga's to come back. I loved building a UNqiue lord.

wouldnt mind squad level sagas also

----------------------

I want rules for 13th co, and the Old wolves like bulveye. 13th warrior was a fun listen.

also griegor for 40k

Rumor on Faiet 212. He says it is more reliable than the DA stuff earlier this week, which he already refuted. http://natfka.blogspot.com/2017/11/chapter-approved-2017-coming-in.html

via sources on Faeit 212
2017 Chapter Approved is coming is Soon-Dec

• Rules for Open Play- apoc
  • Narrative Play- planetstrike, stronghold assault
  • Matched Play- eternal war, maelstrom of war, and objective markers for each faction
  • Faction Rules for Adepta Sororitas, Deathwatch, Drukhari, Genestealer Cults, Harlquins, Imperial Knights, Necrons, Orks, Space Wolves, Tau Empire, and Thousand Sons
  • Scenery Rules, Point Cost changes
  • Space Wolves
    1 GP shooting phase choose 1 unit within 1" of the enemy and use bolt weapons as if they are pistol 2 type.
    1 GP set up a unit on the hunt- deploys at the end of any movement phase within 6" of any board edge and more than 9" away from enemy models.

Warlord Trait
    Warlord can fight first even if he did not charge

Relic
    Sword- melee S+1, AP-4, D1 can re-roll all failed to wound rolls.

This seems more legit. A True Grit stratagem and the obligatory BEL for a unit. Warlord trait seems fitting- hopefully it is a bubble. And the sword I am not keen on. D1 is poor but it will shred 1W stuff.

The link also has Sororitas stuff. 

If true, there's some neat potential there, I like the idea of outflanking Herald with a huge pack of Wolves for area denial or to cap an objective. A 15 man BC squad with TDAWG-PL would be neat too.

I wonder if the true grit ability applies to all bolt weapons? It'd be neat for even BC's to get 2 shots with their pistols, and LF's with heavy bolters would be pretty neat as well, if situational.

I doubt the warlord trait will be a bubble, but it will make my Wolf Lord significantly better at the honour duals against my DA buddies.

If true, there's some neat potential there, I like the idea of outflanking Herald with a huge pack of Wolves for area denial or to cap an objective. A 15 man BC squad with TDAWG-PL would be neat too.

I wonder if the true grit ability applies to all bolt weapons? It'd be neat for even BC's to get 2 shots with their pistols, and LF's with heavy bolters would be pretty neat as well, if situational.

I doubt the warlord trait will be a bubble, but it will make my Wolf Lord significantly better at the honour duals against my DA buddies.

Yea i love the tactical flexibility. I'm also curious about the bolter wording, but regardless it helps us a bit.

I like the outflanking capability, and only 1 CP which is pretty good and there are a lot of things that you can do with it. You could have a land raider crusader outflank with a unit of blood claws or Harald Deathwolf with fenrisian wolves in which they can reroll charges

I like the outflanking capability, and only 1 CP which is pretty good and there are a lot of things that you can do with it. You could have a land raider crusader outflank with a unit of blood claws or Harald Deathwolf with fenrisian wolves in which they can reroll charges

I have a feeling it would be infantry only, but who knows? If it isn't restricted as such, that would open up even more possibilities.

I have a feeling it would be infantry only, but who knows? If it isn't restricted as such, that would open up even more possibilities.

I would hope it would also allow cavalry too, even maybe at a increased cost. I get it wouldn't make sense for an axe dread to go on a sneaky hunt (though it would be awesome) but Twolves would be a shame if left out in some way.

A lot of stragetems here seem to be focused on getting in assault, which is one of the few things we excel at, but I want to see stratems that improve our chances in other areas such as psychic powers or shooting.  Imagine giving our GHs the ability to ignore cover while shooting or +1 to wound rolls. 

I would also like to see our Wyrdstorm Brethren come back in strategem form, spend 1-2 CP's to link up Rune Priests and boost any psychic power in range/power.

not just that, I want to see our special deny the witch abilities that we used to have.

Archived