8th edition wish list

Triszin

I was just thinking, I really hope that when GW has Russ return they bring Freki and Geri back (as spirits or otherwise).

More like the wolf kings own psychic physical manesfestations of both Freki and Geri.

I was just thinking, I really hope that when GW has Russ return they bring Freki and Geri back (as spirits or otherwise).

Russ should have the power harness the psychic powers, if you think about it, the space wolves were so worrisome of the warp that they possessed ways to control it in certain ways. they could dampen it, and release it when they could. If you think about it, the wolves likely had better control of the warp opposed to the Thousand sons, or maybe they rivaled  them in a way.

Russ has been lost in the warp for 10k years, so has his two wolves. I absolutely expect them to come back with him. For his 40k model I can see both wolves on his base like how Mortarion has the nurglings and flies around him. They can put both wolves prowling next to Russ on the same base.

Random thought:

I think the space wolves had had Primaris in the past, and no one noticed. Atleast checkered in, not a full blown company.

who?

For starters Ranulf.

Ranulf was in the lore for 3rd codex I believe, He stood a full head higher than other marines in his squad. When they came under heavy ork fire, and there landraider broke down next to a river of lava, Ranulf Pushed the Land raider into the lava so his squad could retreat, Ranulf stayed behind and fought the orks until his death. He slew so many that the Orks made a throne made of the skulls and corpses of orks he killed, and laid ammunition and weapons at his feat as tribute to this great warrior. one of the few instances a Waagh has honored a enemy in such a manner.

What I hope the wolves get for primaris...

BLood claws stay the same accross all chapters (even the new primaris based ones), when a blood claw becomes a grey hunter he learns the next aspects of his training.

After this the Wolf may choose to undergo the rest of the transformation processes into a Primaris Marine.

This then brings in two options fromt he 13th company.

2 new elite units available.

Grey slayers (grey hunters upgraded into primaris, can take wulfen in this kit ( no wulfen loadouts besides claws)

Storm Claws: (blood claw unit upgraded into primaris, can take wulfen in this kit (no wulfen loadouts besides claws)

Pack leaders can be wulfen or primaris or standard. A primaris becoming a wulfen has the same stats as a wulfen, but a Wulfen squad leader may take the load out options from the Wulfen at an elevated cost.

Have the ability to upgrade wolf guard to primaris, keep wolf guard loadouts, add primaris weapon options.

Give Pack leaders the ability to be upgraded into a Primaris. (A primarised wolf leading grey hunters)

Once

fluff-wise it would be kinda funny if the entire SW + successors joined up and burned/raided the planet of sorcerers since it’s in realspace.

fluff-wise I wanna read about the bittersweet reunion between Russ and Bjorn.

fluff-wise + rule-wise I want 13th company in the codex along with Wolf Spear and Wolf Blades

fluff-wise I want to know about how Fenris and system rebuild themselves to be stronger and better after warzone Febris events.

Like MaveriK I want to see how the Space Wolves handle Primaris (pretty much hoping they just consider them all blood claws lol). Next I want to see how they handle the successor chapters that were made. Are they going to try an interact with them, or let them be, maybe even declare the biggest great hunt yet with Bjorn at the head of it. Finally I want to know how some of the Primaris chapters fight, their paint schemes, and hopefully a character or two (I don't want any of the existing characters to become Primaris)

Ruleswise, I'm not too worried 8th seems to be fairly balanced when you consider the pace that they have been moving at. That said I'd like for the different companies/successors play differently enough that I can justify starting a Primaris ally force. I don't like how the models look side by side, but I think with a different paint scheme I could really get behind it.

As I said before we should keep an eye on our cousins to see how they fare in the fluff in Devastation of Baal and later their codics. Below was posted in their forum concerning the fluff.

I'm weak and am looking at the end because there's some stuff I'm really curious about.

The Primaris marines do appear to be completely free of both the Red Thirst and the Black Rage- Gabriel Seth is very unhappy about this and about Guilliman.

Most of the main characters seem to have survived. Dante, Corbulo, Mephiston and Astorath are mentioned explicitly, as are captains Borgio, Karlen, Aphael, Phaeton, Machhiavai and Sendini. Dante thinks roughly 300 of the Blood Angels chapter survive overall. The successors fare even worse- 8 or 9 are wiped out entirely, with many others having only a handful of survivors.

A single Sanguinary Guard survives, named Caraeus. It's mentioned that he will become the Exalted Herald of Sanguinius. New unit for the codex?

It takes Guilliman about 70 years to reach Baal with his crusade, meaning the Blood Angels lost quite a bit of time due to that warp storm.

Dante is named as the Warden of Imperium Nihulus, commander of the Imperium north of the Great Rift.

So what does it mean for us?

It doesn't look like the BA Primaris have red thirst or black rage which would be like our canine helix and Wulfen. Which of those that remember my Dark Imperium post, Cawl said he could remove them (black rage, red thirst, canine helix, Wulfen) but didnt as he suspected it was part of the emperor's design. Robot Girlyman was keen to remove these features. It appears if the BA Primaris are free of these features the SW are also, and Robot Girlyman pressed Cawl to remove them maybe. For once Cawl is making a proper choice imo. It also appears GW is hell-bent on forcing Primaris as the mainstay of our chapters. Nothing wrong with Primaris but lacking any of their chapter features just dilutes non-codex chapter to being codex chapters with a unique history.

If true, My WOlves will be going renegade against Guillimans marines, I'll go on raiding runs and primaris chapter killer attacks.

also Vehicle design rules

SPace wollves can have a Landraider with both Helfrost and Inferno Cannons.

MUAHAHa

An updated plastic new Arjac would be nice, as the fine-cast one is just terrible, enough that GW stopped using that material. I say Arjac because everyone else says Ragnar. Both need new updated models in my opinion.

Wish listing here but I kinda want an option to have one new HQ that unlocks 10-20 models of kaerls as a troop option (scions armed with autoguns and bolt weapons). Maybe like Bjorn Fell-Hand to represent The Defenders of the Aett.

• 2 weeks later...

crazy Idea:

Put Lukas in charge of/member of a Jackal Company unit.

a Pseudo great company that commands reivers and special misdirection and interference operations.

this company can be commandeered by any great company or request for units by successors.

Jackals operate behind enemy lines to organize

- disarray and chaos among enemy forces.

- interfering and altering of Com transmissions, false orders and false troop delpolyments

- sabotage of technologies for planet security safety

--- altering climate control devices

--- messing with shield emitters and gravity controls

- creating false invasion points

all to better the wolves attacks.

1cp The Tricksters Game- Lukas must be in your army! choose 1 enemy infantry or bike unit, you decide where that unit deploys on the opponents side after his deployment. Roll a d6 on a 3+ you may deploy Lukas and 1 unit of Blood Claws, with no wolf guard, within 9 inches of that unit.

Eh I was contemplating 2 or 3 go. I figure the character demand and forcing no wolf guard on the Blood Claws meaning low Leadership and thus easier ton kill, would balance it.

Lukas is 118 pts and the Blood Claws would have a leadership of 6 and charging recklessly. That makes them not very combat effective in the long term when they are so far from support and lack any wolf guard.

Eh I was contemplating 2 or 3 go. I figure the character demand and forcing no wolf guard on the Blood Claws meaning low Leadership and thus easier ton kill, would balance it.

Lukas is 118 pts and the Blood Claws would have a leadership of 6 and charging recklessly. That makes them not very combat effective in the long term when they are so far from support and lack any wolf guard.

A nearby wolf priest would fix any Ld issues, and they synergize real well with Lukas's +1 to hit.

Archived