8th edition wish list

Triszin

Bjorn gets 0 respect

I forgot the details but remember a while back some fluff introduced a new character (think it was a dread too) as oldest in the imperium and space wolves went ballistic asking how they forgot about bjorn

gw had to fix that asap

Bjorn gets 0 respect

I forgot the details but remember a while back some fluff introduced a new character (think it was a dread too) as oldest in the imperium and space wolves went ballistic asking how they forgot about bjorn

gw had to fix that asap

Bjorn is no longer the oldest in the imperium anyways with the 13th back believe bulvye holds that title now. He fought with Russ before he was found with the emperor.

I came up with a new want. Contemptor axe and shield dread. Now that we have GW doing kitbashing this could be possible. Contemptor is also in SM codex..

Bjorn gets 0 respect

gw had to fix that asap

Bjorn is no longer the oldest in the imperium anyways with the 13th back believe bulvye holds that title now. He fought with Russ before he was found with the emperor.

I came up with a new want. Contemptor axe and shield dread. Now that we have GW doing kitbashing this could be possible. Contemptor is also in SM codex..

Bjorn is still the oldest in the Imperium. Every Space Wolf knows it.

Bulveye may be born earlier, but he fought in time loops inside the warp. So he hasn't served for 10.000 years.

Do not believe qhat other Chapters try to tell you.

No, it is not. The Plastic Contemptor doesn't have a right arm suitable for a CC-Weapon, so a kitbash like that won't happen.

Bjorn gets 0 respect

gw had to fix that asap

Bjorn is absolutely the oldest. Being in the Warp means time doesn't flow normally if at all. Bjorn has been in actual real space time for 10,000+ years.

Bjorn gets 0 respect

gw had to fix that asap

Bjorn is absolutely the oldest. Being in the Warp means time doesn't flow normally if at all. Bjorn has been in actual real space time for 10,000+ years.

Aye but that was the point of the one of the times SW got a upset about Bjorn being the oldest. The salamander was was trapped in a space hulk or something and had been in the warp. He was the oldest but SW players were still crying about it and yet people still bring it up.

Aye but that was the point of the one of the times SW got a upset about Bjorn being the oldest. The salamander was was trapped in a space hulk or something and had been in the warp. He was the oldest but SW players were still crying about it and yet people still bring it up.

Okay, pup, listen here:

Brother Astartes from another Chapter comes around and wants to tell you Bjorn isn't the oldest, longest serving member among all of the Chapters? You tell them No. Just so.

They want to bother you with that "There are no Wolves on Fenris" line? Tell them to shut up, else you would have to shoot them for believing the words of a traitor.

Someone wants some of your mjod or wants to hold your chainsword to take a look at it? Tell them No, else you would have to knock them out.

A maniac wants to annoy and bother you with the implied details of our gene-heritage or the 'truth' to our role as Executioners of the Emperor during the Great Crusade or our seeming 'failure' during the Heresy? Turn around and go somewhere else. Some battles are not worthy to be fought. And an argument with a maniac is as futile, as a heretic trying to parry a Power Fist.

((No offense, but had too much fun to write it kinda in-universe))

Back to topic:

Generally I want our Codex to be good, but well balanced, so we don't get nerf after nerf in the months after it.

(Also don't want the upset, angry tears of whiners calling us imbalanced and overpowered)

Leman Russ or not, I'd like something else that is new, besides the Primaris Upgrade Sprue.

What I definitely do NOT want is a 13th Company Unit, but it's just based on thr Mk3 Set, so they have reason to sell that.

OH!! HI!!

I am waiting for a new Ragnar, we got Ulrik. Where's the Young King?? Stuck in his home still trying to pry his elbows off of his hips...

And Russ (Duh).

I'm super NOT into the new marines, but it's only an ascetic thing for me. So I'd love to see SOMETHING other than repacked derppy marines with SW shoulder pads. ANYTHING!!

Where's that hulking, titan-sized were-wolf we've been waiting on??!! ;)

End of Line

Where's that hulking, titan-sized were-wolf we've been waiting on??!! :wink:

What, this one? :biggrin.:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-e79EWrM82SU/VSRJnnRtD6I/AAAAAAAAGm4/pxfTx4HHL6A/s1600/16204457804_575d7bdbd9_k.jpg

I remember that rumor about a werewolf beast MC some years back. Maybe its leman's second form coming to surface :tongue.:

So knights are announced for preorder next week, the rumor saying that they will be released in august before wolves is proven false. Lets see if we are next or  if we have to wait another year for the codex :P

Nah, man... Like this:

3fd10b76ffb5f0139a54e3ee953ea5af--sword-

End of Line

Please no... I get enough furry and wolfy mcwolf jokes. Russ returning as a werewolf would mean he is a fallen hero in sagas too. Let not make wolfy mcwolf our only defining trait.

Bjorn gets 0 respect

gw had to fix that asap

Totally agree. But to play Devil's advocate here: Bjorn spends a lot of time in Stasis in the underbelly of the Fang. Is stasis equivalent to real time? Does anyone have training in quantum physics that could help us out with this one? Either way he probably has served the most "real time" than any other servant of the Imperium.

That whole Salamander thing is silly. But if people try to use that, we can say Bulvye has him beat. As arguably the second Primarch found. Russ's tribesman surely beat any Nocturne Salamander to indoctrination.

And taking this in a different direction: do you think that we get all of the TDA variants in our codex? Both the DA and BA got them...

I am starting to get edgy about our lack of codex.

Bjorn gets 0 respect

gw had to fix that asap

Totally agree. But to play Devil's advocate here: Bjorn spends a lot of time in Stasis in the underbelly of the Fang. Is stasis equivalent to real time? Does anyone have training in quantum physics that could help us out with this one? Either way he probably has served the most "real time" than any other servant of the Imperium.

That whole Salamander thing is silly. But if people try to use that, we can say Bulvye has him beat. As arguably the second Primarch found. Russ's tribesman surely beat any Nocturne Salamander to indoctrination.

And taking this in a different direction: do you think that we get all of the TDA variants in our codex? Both the DA and BA got them...

Considering that while "Asleep" Bjorn is protecting the psychic imprint of the Fang from demonic incursion I'd say he's definitely the longest serving, especially if one were to add the warp time dilation mumbo jumbo that keeps happening

i look forward to the time when the spacewolves codex leaks will start surfacing and we will be going to sleep with our finger on the refresh button :P Good Times :P We must be close now brothers , come on GW make the damn anouncement  that we are next just to build our hype :P

Bjorn gets 0 respect

gw had to fix that asap

Considering that while "Asleep" Bjorn is protecting the psychic imprint of the Fang from demonic incursion I'd say he's definitely the longest serving, especially if one were to add the warp time dilation mumbo jumbo that keeps happening

Oh right. Forgot about that new piece of fluff haha. Well played. Devil's advocate has been defeated.

so in wolfsbane, this is somewhat explained.

when russ journeyed to the underworld of fenris, it took 7-8 rune priests to open the gate and all died in the process.

Bjorn was told to keep vigilance of the valley, to listen but never turn towards the deeper valley where teh gate to the underworld was.

I think, this is part of " Bjorns wyrd".

Bjorn is said to be the herald of failure ( this makes sense, because its only when the wolves are at a loss that they wake him, and call for his aid.)

bjorn the fell hand, the herald of failure, the one whos wyrd is tied to russ.

I think bjorn is doing the same when he sleeps, except this time it is Bjorn who stands atop the fang in the "underworld" staying vigilant as he once did for russ.

long fangs

- option for helfrost weapon kits

- long fang wolf guard, options to take either termie armor or gravis armor

-- if termie armor, access to terminator heavy weapons, and standard special/heavy weapons

-- if gravis access to gravis weapons, possible dual helfrost loadout

13th company recovers from the maze equate to at least 25% of a codex compliant sm chapter so it would warrant bringing them with independent rules.

Key differences with grey hunters:

- they're veterans so +1A and +1WS

- lack of geneseed deterioration +1W

They would essentially be non primaris primaris.

The other avenue they could take is flesh the Wolfspear with SW modified primaries.

I'd personally hope for the 13th since it'll bring a richer spectrum of modelling options if there in DG size Heresy plates.

Archived