Ultramarine Primaris Reivers

Death Dealer 101

Hi all,

Been building some reivers and had some questions and seeking opinion.

1. The combat blades do look cool and quite menacing, but played around with Ultra Gladius from the upgrade kit and while cool and more ultramariney not quite so scary. Thoughts

2. Reiver shoulder pads, anyone played around with puting a pad on the right shoulder?

Hm, IMO a big augmented human with power armour and a blade the siye of your leg cutting through your foes would be mancing enough, but that's just me. UM have never been big on terror tactics, they do like shock tactics. A Reiver does not have to be scary to be UM, it has to be efficient and precise. I do not think a gladius would be out of place.

As for the pad, sure. You could go for the gladiator look with asymetrical pads (for off-arm protection). I would look pretty boss. They'd need different helmets though to really drive that point home. Not sure which though.

Agree on the gladiatorial look. Could be boss.

I've seen lots of schemes where the Reiver's armor is painted black and only the shoulder pads retain the chapter colors. Kinda like a Deathwatch variation. I did the same thing for my Cygnar Hunter light warjacks and I can verify that the black and blue looks pretty good.

Edited by Brother Captain Ed

I think of them as spacemarine "spartans" (halo) except without energy sheild. Just tough armor. Oh and my friend didna version with dual wrist mounted energy claws and power swords.

The leader had a shoulder mounted plasma gun. Total predator rip off but looked amazingly good.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the repies eveyone. Got around to taking some photo's and here is my 'bluetacked' squad.

The plan is to have them 50/50 combat blades/carbines as I highly doubt I would ever run a squad of 10 so can use the majority of the squad to represent which way I'm going.

They have been built as if they are grav dropping in with some just landed and others on the way down, bases to be modeled etc

The outer models in the front rank are running, inner two are drawing weapons and the centre just landed.

Similar at the back with the outer two landing, inner two bracing for impact and the middle one being highest shooting.

Note the back left is to have his pistol swapped to a carbine and the centre back is to have one pistol swapped to a carbine as well.

As per the OP have attached a photo with a Ultramarine combat blade, think it looks fairly good, but would need a few more, Look ok?

gallery_26570_13904_19204.jpg

gallery_26570_13904_270512.jpg

gallery_26570_13904_117052.jpg

gallery_26570_13904_68893.jpg

Thats something i didnt consider on either of my reiver sgts.....i wish i had now on seeing the mockups.

Its a good idea...my vote is go with it. The skull mask covers the menacing part sufficiently. I dont think shoulder plates would add anything to it and tbh would bulk them up too much and counter the image of speed and lightness of them i think.