Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Liber Unity Project

DIY Liber The Liber Liber Astartes Liber Unity Project

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,854 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators

ZHOEcDF.png

The Liber has always been a jewel in the crown of the Bolter and Chainsword - so many of us have enjoyed the feeling of creating something that can exist and thrive within the 40k universe. Whether a custom Space Marine Chapter, an Imperial Guard regiment of renown or a mysterious Eldar Craftworld, creating background has been as integral to the hobby as converting, modelling or painting. 

Over the years the Liber's posters have participated in many group projects - projects such as creating the Imperial Castellans, the War Bearers and the Dark Sons, to say nothing of the Liber Cluster

With the expansion of the Bolter and Chainsword and the inclusion of Xenos, the Liber has restructured in order to accomodate the huge range of potential DIY projects, from Chaos Warbands to Sisters Warbands. And thus, the Liber Unity Project is born! 

The project consists currently of five threads: 

B+C posters are in the midst of creating a Space Marine Chapter, a Chaos Warband, a Sisters Order, a regiment of the Imperial Guard and a new Xenos threat. The plan is then to create a campaign that links all five forces into a narrative.

But we need your help! 

The collaborative projects are an opportunity for you to make a difference - from giving your opinion on others' ideas to contributing writing or artwork. Currently, the Space Marine thread has a poll up to choose from four potential Chapters - the Celebrants, Brotherhood of a Thousand, Tauran and Night Watch.

We would welcome your input! 

Edited by Commissar Molotov, 25 October 2017 - 04:13 PM.

• Zopha, Chaplain Dosjetka, Vel'Cona and 2 others like this

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 712 posts
  • Faction: Silent Sword Crusade

I'm just getting ideas started for my Sisters, I'm so down for this.

"My blood is the same colour as yours. And what I do, I do to protect Earth, same as you. You don't like how I do it, that's your prerogative. But there are things going on out there that you know nothing about. Threats to the human race that no one never hears about, because we stopped them. There are dangers all around us. And whether you like us or not, we may be all that stands between you and the abyss."
- Bester, Babylon 5

http://www.bolterand...-sword-crusade/

http://www.bolterand...age-of-silvana/

http://www.bolterand...primal-marines/

gallery_45765_12908_58195.png gallery_30308_9518_13090.pnggallery_38474_6916_25817.jpg

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,601 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Looking forward to whereve this might lead. :)

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.png

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,854 posts

Thank you, all, for the positive reactions. Thank you to the people who have contributed to the many threads, and all the people who have clicked through and voted on our Astartes creation thread. Currently, we are neck-and-neck between The Celebrants and The Tauran

2hF8aD0.gif    v    OnqdAqh.jpg

Will it be one of these Chapters, or will the Brotherhood of a Thousand or the Night Watch surge back to claim the crown? 

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,601 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Well..."neck-and-neck" solved itself pretty quickly. The Taurans now have almost twice as many votes as the Celebrants :D

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.png

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,854 posts

Indeed, with approximately 24 hours left to vote, the Taurans have about 50% of the votes cast. Will they remain undisputed, or will another Chapter surge forward to take the crown? 

All are welcome down in the Liber! If the Space Marines aren't your primary focus, we have active discussion in both the Sisters of Battle and Astra Militarum threads right now! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DIY, Liber, The Liber, Liber Astartes, Liber Unity Project

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users