Scouring-Era World Eaters

Lhorke The First

There are a few good bits in there to scavanege and with some customization that kit can go a long way despite its age. I really want to get my hands on the FW kit for the mean time myself and wait for GW to make some new berzerkers.

I mean, one kit isn't going to hurt. :whistling: Especially since they have free shipping for the time being. Or I think they do.

Personally, I want some for the torsos and helms for my Black Legion and the rest will be used on a Kill Team. I just need to actually build and use up unused plastic before I heap more on haha.

• 3 weeks later...

IMG 3781

Already posted this under the CSM Outpost for ETL but I'm working on a Predator with pred autocannon, havoc launcher, and lascannon sponsons. I have mounted the lascannons to the chasis since taking this picture. Oddly enough I don't have a spare havoc launcher laying around. Any suggestions on what to use to represent one? I have some missile launchers left over from various loyalist vehicles I've built over the years so I guess I could use one of those.

I just have to say I absolutely love the Deimos Predator kit from Forge World. The quality of the cast was excellent and I had absolutely no trouble putting it together (can't say the same for every resin kit I've worked with). Additionally, they just look so much cooler imo. I liked the dang thing so much I bought another one and it is currently on my desk awaiting assembly. So much for not spending any more money on this army :rolleyes:

I'm also adding some bits to chaosify this thing a bit.

Depending on how big small I like the Sentinel missile launcher for a sleek look, or could take the taurox ML parts, strap em together to avoid the missing case section that the taurox roof would cover, and use that.

I scratch built a Deimos-ish turret and weapons but couldn't find good pictures of the basket and gubbins on the turret back (behind the hatch) to complete the scratch build; Do you think a couple more pics of that area are possible? Thanks....

Depending on how big small I like the Sentinel missile launcher for a sleek look, or could take the taurox ML parts, strap em together to avoid the missing case section that the taurox roof would cover, and use that.

I scratch built a Deimos-ish turret and weapons but couldn't find good pictures of the basket and gubbins on the turret back (behind the hatch) to complete the scratch build; Do you think a couple more pics of that area are possible? Thanks....

Good ideas. . .

Yeah I can take some more pictures of the turret when I get home tonight and post them here. I would love to see a photo of your scratch build.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/218952-pred-sept15/

Here is my most recent picture, all the addons are magnetized so it can downsize to a Rhino if necessessary. The sphere was made by coating the inside of a Gatcha eggshell with Tamiya puddy. I dont have targeter bits for the lascannons and still missing the back of the turret. but i do have a ton of appropriate bits to fill it out.

Wow that looks spot on Syrakul. Here are the photos, sorry about the delay.

IMG 3802

IMG 3805

Predator turret

Predator turret 2

IMG 3811

Predator turret 4

Predator turret 3

I had time to prime and basecoat the armor this weekend. I also primed the chosen squad and an exalted champion I've had laying around for years now.

Chosen

Exalted Champion

I dug this old veteran out of the bits box. He was one of the first minis I ever bought.

Dreadnought

Slapped some paint on the big bad leviathan. Man, he makes the old dread look small!

Leviathan

Here is a shot of my WIP Spartan. I bought it primed off of ebay, I'm currently base coating it.

Spartan

I wanted to incorporate brass into the paint job, so I've experimented with brass bolts. Hopefully it doesn't look too Blood Angels.

Spartan Rivets

The warband's motor pool so far. . .

Motor Pool

Motor Pool 2

Lots of painting left to do on all of these.

Great update! Happy to see all that red! Looking forward to your World Eaters and their motor pool getting more paint!

Appreciate it!

Kina funny how the prehersey scheme is on the 40k pred and the red scheme is on the Deimos!

Good job snagging the spartan on ebay, how was the build? Did you need to repair anything? How is the interior?

Yeah the Mars Pattern was originally going to be part of a 30k force that I simply lost steam on. I figured it would be cool to leave at least one of my vehicles in the old white and blue colors, though I suppose it would be more fitting on the Deimos. 

As far as the build goes, the Spartan was already assembled unfortunately. And not well either. The lascannons don't move and the assault doors are glued shut. Additionally, some bottom sections of the tracks have pieces broken off. However, it was quite cheap so I still think it was worth buying. I still want to get a new one and build it the right way. Perhaps I will if I ever resume building my 30k army.

Man, I am guilty of gluing assault doors shut. When I built my first rhino I happily did my best to paint the interior only to realize I couldn't see :censored: inside when it was assembled. Since then I just avoid the interior and glue the doors. Only recently did I start gluing some sponsons in place just because of wear and tear on the plastic made the bolters on some of my tanks always aim into the dirt.

The Spartan you have looks to be in good condition . So if you got it for a deal kudos! However, another one would look awesome to roll side by side with it.:wink:

My new one (with tracks built into to the sides) still had the tracks broken on arrival, and I have yet to sand down the inner chassis walls to fit properly with the sides. Guns and assault ramp being stuck sucks though, but if my door keeps falling down during games (where I have the whole thing held unceremoniously with rubberbands) I just might glue it anyways

Thanks hushrong. I built and painted an alternative exalted champion. This one is a lot less chaosified than the DV miniatiure. He is the champion from Ursus' company at the time of the Battle of Skalathrax.

Exalted Champion 2

Exalted Champion 1

Still have to paint the base. . . and add some blood splatter.

He looks great! I also love the variety of World Eater paint schemes but the white armor with red and gold shoulder pads are my favorite! Seeing the full artwork of the Eaters of Worlds book shows off their various styles wonderfully.

I remember reading Eater of Worlds but was speeding through it. Trying to reread it now...but I actually need to go and read the HH World Eater novels. I have been in and out of that series.

The new berzerker and dark apostle are looking good. Nice and crisp paint jobs! I really think the mix of paint schemes will be gravy!

Thanks hushrong! I've been in and out of the hobby for a while but I'm still trying to learn the ropes when it comes to painting. This will be the first force that I have painted completely (hopefully). Also I was initially unsure about how the mix of paint schemes would look together on the table top. I hope it turns out alright. If all else fails, I can just tie the army together through a liberal application of blood splatter!

If you haven't read it already, definitely pick up Betrayer. It is by far my favorite book to come out of the Black Library that I have read so far.

Yeah, I am in the same boat. I am hoping to paint the current army list I am playing and more. Too many years of playing with 'grey-phantoms' plastic needs to be stopped. Plus, painted minis do add so much to the games. I think th emix of paint schemes won't be too bad at all. Lots of white with either blue or red will go well and completely red won't go amiss. Plus, coating them in blood splatter or hitting them up with weathering or wear and tear will blend them I think.

I think I will be downloading Betrayer in the near future as well. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Finished my first vow for ETL.

complete Vow 1.1

complete Vow 1.2

complete Vow 1.3

complete Vow 1.4

complete Vow 1.5

complete Vow 1.6

complete Vow 1.7

I'm not totally happy with it. I used a new paint scheme that I haven't done before, so I may go back and address a few things as I get better with it. I also tried painting numerals and letters freehand for the first time. I think it turned out alright, especially sense I can't see the World Eaters being particularly neat or precise with that sort of thing after 10,000 years of "Kill! Maim! Burn!" 

This particular predator took part in the Invasion of Nuceria during the Shadow Crusade. It participated in several running battles with loyalist armor and infantry after the Ultramarines made planetfall. "Pit Fighter," as the vehicle was known by the legionnaires, helped keep Guilliman's sons at bay as the vengeful primarchs clashed. The predator's crew witnessed Angron's transformation and marked the deadly machine's turret with the planet's name in order to commemorate their gene-sire's ascension to daemonhood.

"Pit Fighter" is currently in use by the warband of Ursus the Bloodborn. Though the war machine has survived many millenia, its crews have not been so fortunate. It is whispered by many in the warband that "Pit Fighter" was somehow tainted by the rage produced by Angron during his ascension due to its close proximity, for since that fateful day, the predator guns its engines and rushes into the teeth of the enemy on outset of every engagement regardless of the intentions of the crew at the controls.Though it has often been heavily damaged and its crew reduced to mangled corpses, the predator always manages to survive and unleash its hate on other unfortunate souls.

Archived