Scouring-Era World Eaters

Lhorke The First

The lighting is off but the predator is looking good. I really think if you go back over just do some painting to break up the red. Paint the blades on the front and the hatches a different color. Pick out some little things like that and you'll be golden.

The lighting is off but the predator is looking good. I really think if you go back over just do some painting to break up the red. Paint the blades on the front and the hatches a different color. Pick out some little things like that and you'll be golden.

I agree, I think I went with too basic of a paint scheme. I will revisit it after ETL and probably repaint the hatches and blades, and possibly see if I can source an Icon of Wrath to place on the turret. 

I'm working on my second vow tonight. I managed to basecoat that predator yesterday and I am definitely going to try to put more variety in that paint scheme.

Yeah, I think there are few small odds and ends you could pick out and paint on the predator. Icon's are also a great thing to have on a tank! I used the icon from the mighty lord of Khorne from the old AoS starter on one of my preds and it adds a nice touch.

Best of luck on the next predator for your vow!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Angel's bane is looking good! Congrats on completing your vow!

Thanks hushrong!

Sadly I couldn't contribute him to ETL, but I finally finished Khârn the Betrayer after months of him sitting on the shelf partially painted. Its probably the best paint job I have done since I got into the hobby, although I give most of the credit to the model. All I have left to do is apply the shading to his bare arm, I just don't have any reikland fleshshade at the moment.

kharn6

kharn5

kharn4

kharn3

kharn2

kharn1

And after posting the pictures I noticed there is a small spot on his backpack that needs to be touched up.

• 1 month later...

I'm participating in Call of Chaos for the first time. I'm hoping it will motivate me to finish some of those unfinished units I have siting around. I'm also using it as an opportunity to start an Alpha Legion spearhead detachment which I will use to provide some heavy support for my World Eaters. 

So here is what I'll be working on.

World Eaters Rhino

Rhino

Chaos Space Marine squad

CSM Squad

Alpha Legion Contemptor Dreadnought, dual butcher cannons

Alpha Legion Contemptor

World Eaters Chosen, armed with plasma and chainaxes

Chosen

Alpha Legion Chaos Lord. I've had this model sitting around for year. It is one of my favorites and I think he will make an imposing lord of the Alpha Legion. I'll probably swap his base out for something better.

Alpha Legion Chaos Lord

World Eaters Exalted Champion

Exalted Champion

World Eaters Dark Apostle

Dark Apostle

World Eaters Terminator Lord. By-Tor, Lord of the Wrathful Host

Terminator Lord

I've basecoated the chosen and am working on the shading. I'm hoping to have that squad finished within the week. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finished the first two units in my Call of Chaos vow.

Alpha Legion Contemptor w/ butcher cannons

AL dread 1

AL dread 2

AL dread 3

AL dread 4

World Eaters Exalted Champion

exalted champ 1

exalted champ 2

exalted champ 3

Although, after posting these pictures, it occurs to me that this champion really needs liberal amounts of blood splatter.

Please excuse the white borders in the photographs, I can't crop them out on this old work computer.

I'm planning on finishing the bases on my chosen squad this weekend and starting on my Dark Apostle.

• 2 weeks later...

Another CoC vow finished. 

Chaos Space Marine squad.

Chaos Marine Squad

Unlike many of their brothers, the members of Sergeant Droak's squad did not fully succumb to the bloodlust that swept through the legion during the Heresy and its aftermath. Rather, they still maintained enough restraint to use their bolters and plasmagun to great effect during the Battle of Skalathrax, providing fire support for their assaulting brethren as they closed on the Emperor's Children. 

Great updates! I have to say I really dig the dark apostle. I love the one bare arm with the black armor and brass helm!

Thanks hushrong, I appreciate it. This guy is probably the best looking kitbash I have done, given my limited skills. I wanted him to have the feel of a fallen chaplain, so I went with the black armor. I will say, however, I feel like I cheated because instead of actually working with black paint I just base coated him in leadbelcher and applied several washes of nuln oil. I am terrible at making black paint look good.

Archived