+ Tyranid Army Growth Challenge +

Dosjetka

Indeed! New month, new vow!

I only managed to get this far on my previous vow:

gallery_45765_13882_85432.png

For December: I, Chaplain Dosjetka, vow to finish the five beasties shown above and assemble/paint another five! This must be done by 31st December 2017.

A fine choice of models! I'll have to paint mine at some point, too.

(On my phone at the moment so I'll update the list of participants for this month tomorrow once I'm on the computer. :tu:)

I, ChromeZephyr, vow to complete a unit of 4 Tyranid Warriors before December 31st, 2017.

Realistically, it'll be have to be done before the 23rd because I won't have time to get anything done the last week of the year. :D

Starting photo:

gallery_37393_9612_361297.jpg

Good luck to my fellow vow-takers. :)

Lookin' good, Sabadin. I should pick up the new Broodlord, I've only got the old "Gimmee a HUG!" metal one.

Thanks, that old metal one will be working his way into this thread eventually, then he can venture out alongside the old fex as part of Team Hugs of Death.

I, Jbaeza94, vow to fully assemble and paint 12 Termagants by 31 December 2017. 

Ill be going hive fleet hydra, they will also serve as my test models. ill be doing 10 stock, and 2 with devourers, mostly since only stock ones can come back with a tervigon ha.

So, a visit from Papa Nurgle allowed me to stay home from an out-of-town baby shower. Can someone say hobby time?! With the free time, I was able to finish up the Deathleaper.

39117433541_dccd3e651e.jpg

39086440622_1840bed5df.jpg

This only leaves me the last Broodlord to finish up in two weeks. Most paining progress I've made in months.

Vow complete:

gallery_37393_9612_548237.jpg

gallery_37393_9612_1447501.jpg

These four were a lot more fun to paint than the last vow, that's for certain. The monotony of doing the same thing 30 times in a row gets a bit much, plus there's not as much room to work on detail. My next vow will likely be another set of Warriors, or perhaps some Zoanthropes, dunno. We're getting busy at work again, so I might not have any painting time at all. We'll see.

Doesn't show well in the pictures, but I didn't shake my Agrax Earthshade enough before applying it to their flesh so they're a little shiny and more red than the gants they'll be shepherding around the battlefield. I'm not terribly fussed about it, I imagine many of my opponents are going to be more concerned about the carpet of dino-lobsters coming across the board at them rather than one unit not matching the others very well color-wise. :sweat:

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Christmas, Boxing Day, and New Year's.

edit:

Alright gents, second part of my vow completed. Only Deathleaper and another Broodlord to go.

24235866787_769ce4264c.jpg

38214955975_84a6dbac0f.jpg

Looks like we've got a pretty similar scheme, frater. Looking good!

Archived