HH Rulebook - rules updates discussion

Charlo

Wow that is quite dear tbh .

Not really. The 8th ed rulebook is 35 pounds and is 280 pages. 

So 5 pounds extra for 200 page book from forgeworld is really not THAT bad. 

The only thing is how will they sell it to us who already have 7th ed rulebooks? 

What will make us buy it? 

Because I assure you this isn't geared to new 30K players as new 30K players dont exist...

According to Forgeworld's 2018 catalogue, the book is going to cost 40 pounds.

*choke*

Wow... Thats a cheeky markup! Not that i was going to buy it on principle anyway but wow...

Edit:

Though i suppose thats the economics of scale at work, it might be 2/3rds the size but they probably produced 1000x 40k rulebooks at least.

Wow that is quite dear tbh .

Not really. The 8th ed rulebook is 35 pounds and is 280 pages.

So 5 pounds extra for 200 page book from forgeworld is really not THAT bad.

The only thing is how will they sell it to us who already have 7th ed rulebooks?

What will make us buy it?

Because I assure you this isn't geared to new 30K players as new 30K players dont exist...

In your area maybe... ;)

They literally said on the stream the other day that it does.

It's not the "HH Daemons" list persae, but it's all of the normal Daemon units profiles/ points/ wargear etc for the purposes of summoning or taking a simple detachment of them.

The army list will then be expanded by Angelus by things like special characters/ notable daemons/ rules.

I got the impression from the stream that it was generic daemon profiles like the old old chaos codex rather than the specific daemons from the codex. Specifically they pointed out this was a basic version so you could summon/ally in daemons without the OOP codex for now. 

No mention of the Superheavies but that does seem more relevant than Daemons to most players and they didnt say it wasnt in there so fingers crossed!

The reason they are putting it in the book is because the 7th ed codex is out of print.

So it stands to reason when they said "generic" they mean the normal ones like Bloodletters, Daemonettes, Great unclean one, Burning Chariot etc anything you can summon. Not new profiles meant to represent things like Furies or miscellaneous undivided daemons.

Things like Special Characters will be in Angelus.

Ahh the HH. Everyone loves the gritty realism but you can still summon jolly Nurglings to the battle :-P

Which is awesome.

I mean: just imagine a real Nurgling comes to being in the world of Heresy.

I think that is hilarious :D

Yeah it's generic daemons or 'aliens' (as most marines would see them in 30k). If you re-watch the stream he says this and you can see the page with those rules, but it's at an angle and very small. Looks like a single dedicated page with 3-4 line entries.

e: Fortifications are in too

Ahh the HH. Everyone loves the gritty realism but you can still summon jolly Nurglings to the battle :-P

Which is awesome.

I mean: just imagine a real Nurgling comes to being in the world of Heresy.

I think that is hilarious :D

Ahahahahahahah tis is amazing!

Fair enough. It's weird they mention the 7th dex being out of print that they'd do that though.

I think the idea is to use the 7th ed Daemon Codex if you have it, but for anybody that doesn't have access to the codex there are some generic 'daemon' units that can be summoned. I imagine they'll be like the Daemon Prince and Lesser Daemons (I also expect a 'Beast' unit) from the 'Gav Codex'. I expect the full Daemon list in Angelus.

You know, that would be kind of cool, having "undetermined" daemons to represent the first encounters of the legions against them, be it during the crusade or in the early heresy. While it could be argued that probably those daemons actually were the same that we see in 40k, it helps getting the players more involved in the setting, as those entities were mostly unknown to the Imperial forces at that moment.

Obviously, rules for the daemon units we know and love/despise should be released eventually (Angelus being the most probable option).

I don't remember where I read/listed to it (might have been a podcast interview) but according to one of the writers the daemons encountered during the early heresy were not the familiar shapes you would get in 40k, as the warp entities had yet to really be molded by humanity or whatever.

Archived