HH Rulebook - rules updates discussion

Charlo

They could change a few sentences in a few sections and it would change the entire game... so we just won't know until we get the books.

Damn, I hate the waiting. :wink:

But!

We played tuesday with the new/old rule that every member of a unit can use one grenate in cc against walkers, stuff and MC.

Well, just like before the last FAQ walkers are dead meat in cc again.

I hope they changed other things as well which helps them.

Oh, and here are some pics

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbNd_e_gjZA/

Note, the rumors so far have only mentioned melta-bombs.  It could very well be that regular grenades are not able to be used on per model.  One would hope, since otherwise a lot of my already casual-level models like Vorax will be practically worthless against anything with a few krak grenades.

They could change a few sentences in a few sections and it would change the entire game... so we just won't know until we get the books.

Damn, I hate the waiting. :wink:

But!

We played tuesday with the new/old rule that every member of a unit can use one grenate in cc against walkers, stuff and MC.

Well, just like before the last FAQ walkers are dead meat in cc again.

I hope they changed other things as well which helps them.

Oh, and here are some pics

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbNd_e_gjZA/

Note, the rumors so far have only mentioned melta-bombs. It could very well be that regular grenades are not able to be used on per model. One would hope, since otherwise a lot of my already casual-level models like Vorax will be practically worthless against anything with a few krak grenades.
I literally ordered three Vorax one day before the grenade bit was announced, so yeah. I know what you mean. -_-

Would be cool to make it a bit more random. for example throwing grenades would go say d6 or 2d6 minus ballistic skill, so there is always a chance of scatter and no charge after throwing grenades.

So Christmas 2018? :P I mean 7th does need some major work...

Krak multibombing is always so meh against basically everything but the smaller MCs and frankly MCs could do with some nerfing ;) 

And i use a lot of Boxnaughts as i tend to build larger formations, they sometimes pull off some crazy :cuss but mostly die :( (Which is 8th is more fun... :P ) 

Hopefully they will bring it up to 8th Edition.

Oh, I hope not. I don;t dislike 8th edition particularly, but I enjoy having 2 separate game types to play.

Problem would be partially solved if krak grenades were the option costing points, just like in the old days. I think it will be one of the house rules in our group.

I absolutely agree. Even just a nominal points cost would mean that they might not always be there. As it is, any vehicle I have without 13 rear armour has to be terrified of infantry units.

Get the updated rule book out now, then Angelus, which will have units configured to suit the rules.

All Legions now covered, move on to the Prelude & Siege of Terra books

Release Scouring plus 8th edition book

Black book covering the legions Post-Terra (iron cage etc....)

That way HH players get a 7th & 8th book to choose from plus legion lists and nobody's army gets invalidated.

Get the updated rule book out now, then Angelus, which will have units configured to suit the rules.

All Legions now covered, move on to the Prelude & Siege of Terra books

Release Scouring plus 8th edition book

Black book covering the legions Post-Terra (iron cage etc....)

That way HH players get a 7th & 8th book to choose from plus legion lists and nobody's army gets invalidated.

All legions covered except White Scars...

after playing a few games of 8th im looking forward to this even more.

hopefully they will fix a few of the issues from 7th but as a whole it works for heresy. 8th is simpler but suffers from its own major issues being created over the top codex rules and new power creep.

What would be swell is if they were to use this a a FAQ/Errata opportunity.

For example I'd love to see the Orbital Assault RoW allow infiltrating Recon Squads (right now I have to buy them a pod and hope that my opponent is cool with me deploying them as you know, a recon element). They could even limit the number able to do this if it was deemed too powerful but it's fluffy and sensible.

after playing a few games of 8th im looking forward to this even more.

hopefully they will fix a few of the issues from 7th but as a whole it works for heresy. 8th is simpler but suffers from its own major issues being created over the top codex rules and new power creep.

It’s not like 7th was anywhere near the best edition, far from it. Legions tend to be internally balanced so eighth shouldn’t be a problem.

Could we stop talk about 8th edition?

A Mastodon peaking around corners, shooting all of it's weapons out of his ass gives me the creeps. ;)

Instead we should fantasy about possible changes in Horus Heresy 1. edition.

What could they've change without having to re-write the other red books?

Let's park the 8th dicussion.

This book is 7th.

The Heresy is staying 7th.

This is fact until we are told otherwise.

If you would like to play 8th there are some very dedicated chaps creating a stonking ruleset just for that (one of which is at my local club so it sees a lot of play there!)

The stop talking door swings both ways. And there is a difference in expressing his owns hopes and declaring your prefered edition superior because you dislike XYZ about edition XX.

"There's a famous movement of HH gamer elitism from a small but vocal subsection of the HH community."

"The idea that HH staying 7th briefly, only long enough to set up a far-faster-than-anticipated change to 8th, is offensive to those kinds of people."

Let's park the 8th dicussion.

This book is 7th.

The Heresy is staying 7th.

This is fact until we are told otherwise.

If you would like to play 8th there are some very dedicated chaps creating a stonking ruleset just for that (one of which is at my local club so it sees a lot of play there!)

Very much this. Shoving "I wish HH was 8th edition" posts into this thread is a waste of space and creates only strife. FW said HH stays with modified 7th ed. Unless they lied to us like they sometimes do, it is a fact.

The stop talking door swings both ways. And there is a difference in expressing his owns hopes and declaring your prefered edition superior because you dislike XYZ about edition XX

Except it doesn't, as one is definitely the edition we'll be playing and the other is people flooding threads with constant pleas of something that isn't happening.

Archived